Black cook top stoves.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quizzie

Senior Cook
Wow,:ohmy: If I would have known the headaches,:wacko: that acompany the cleaning of this appliance, I would not have purchased it:mad:
I would generally appreciate it if someone has a remedy.:)

Mines black... it's impossible to clean.
The light shines right on top of it and it shows every streak and finger print and smug. good luck! lol

Quizzie I feel your pain. I don't have an entire black stove but have a stainless steel one but the controls are in black and plated on a little shiny black plate. I am anal and here is the only way I get it cleaned to my satisfaction.

Spray my stove (steel and black parts) with greased lightening (love the product). I leave it on the stove for 10 minutes. I then clean it with a damp sponge. Next I take a dry microfiber cloth and dry the stove until it shines. Yes the black part shines like it's brand new.

Just keep in mind that any appliances - black, white, stainless need to be cleaned after every use to keep them in good condition. I am deligent at cleaning after every cooking chore and then once a week I recruit my husband to do detail cleaning (using elbow grease). As I stated earlier I am extremely anal about a clean and shiny kitchen:) although I know the minute my kids eat or the minute I cook (which I do almost every day) it will be back to it's original state and I will have to clean all over again.

409 or such products are good on enameld steel, but if you mean a glass top ceramic cook top, there is a product specially made just for them. It is a silicon cream that scrubs them and polishes them nicely without much effort. Harware store sell it. Many brands.

Thanks to all, My problem started when I fried 240 pork chops with a flour batter. It was time based. Last spur of the moment call in. I did it in 1 1/2 hours and boy did my stove top show the proof. By the time I was finished frying, and ready for clean up, the spilled over oil had cooked itself into the enamel.
I have gotten a majority of it off with (elbow grease).

pdswife, just ask for glass top stove cleaner...Lowes, Ace, Home Depot etc all sell it...several brands available. I can get a name for it this weekend when I'm at my glasstop stove. Right now I'm at the wish it would die but it works just fine electric stove.

Thank you!!!... Paul loves Home depot so...sadly LOL we spend lots of time there.
I'll find it next time.

If you noticed on the post your kitchen pics thread, mine is basically black. I have cleaned mine with SoftScrub from day one. Sometimes when something is cooked in, I will let it set and then using my two sided sponge, I will scrub a little. Don't use the wire scrubbers, like Choreboys, unless it's a big spot and you don't touch the glass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom