The late night/insomniac thread... come say hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grumblebee

Contest Winner
It's about 1am where I live but I noticed that a lot of people are online here at DC!

What is everyone up to? Can't sleep? Baby keeping you awake? I'm working on a paper that I have due tomorrow. I'm half online/half working. The online portion I'm justifying to myself by calling it "research" - although I'm not sure how much cooking has to do with cognative and language development of toddlers! :LOL: (which is what I am writing my paper on)

Anyway, if you are online now come say hi. (and why you are up so late!)

"Research" away. You have a valid excuse to be here on dc, having a toddler myself, you can research me. Aidan is 2 and let me say, his language is developing so quick. He is saying new things every day. I'm barely able to keep up noticing them all. More than anything he is refering to himself in the first person instead of the third. Probably not much help in the way of research but I like to brag about my kids...and yes, the baby is keeping me awake. How did you know?

Your kids are soooo cute! Every time I see your avatar I feel like squeeling because they are so adorable. Hehe.

Toddlers are so interesting... and you are right about how quickly they develop. I'm sure you notice differences even from week to week! (same with babies as well... they develop SO quickly) What is interesting about toddlers is that they are just beginning to develop a sense of self - ie: "I am a seperate person and am different from Mommy/Daddy/Brother/Sister." That is why toddlers can be so egocentric because they are just realizing that they are in control of themselves and in part, their world. (which creates power struggles with parents... as I'm sure you know!!!)

Anyway, since I am talking a bit about child development this counts as "work" right? Hehe... (actually, I'm almost done my paper anyhow)

I do a radio show with a friend of mine on Thursday night for a few hours, on a community radio station.

Usually I stay up pretty late, anyway, as I work mostly nights. Usually my computer time. But this is really late for me.

Thanks, I think they are pretty cute too, but I just might be a little biased.:rolleyes: It's amazing to see them growing up so quickly, right before my eyes. Sometimes, it's almost too fast for me. I love the ages of my kids right now.

Aidan is so awesome and he makes me laugh and smile. He's developing a great imagination now. I like seeing his language develop, he's been so physical for so long, it's neat for me to see the change. It's almost like he focused on climbing the dishwasher to get up on the counter and now that he has that down, he can focus on telling me about it.

Callum is doing all the baby stuff. I like how much he smiles. It makes me feel so warm that he smiles just because I talk to him. It doesn't take much to please him. He is so attentive, more than his brother was at this age, which makes me come up with all sorts of predictions. I wonder if any of them will be right, I should write them all down.

I can see why some women end up with 8 kids.:LOL: They are just too much fun!

Wow Erik! Isn't it about 3:30? I'm off to bed. Goodnight. Nice talking with you grumblebee!

Last edited:
Cool thread, as something of a night owl it's good to know I'm not alone! 5:15am here and I'd best head off to bed soon :)

Go figure- this is the first time in I don't remember when that I've been alone...kids all gone for the night and hubby working...you'd think I'd be asleep!!! Alas, not that easy....

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Well Im having a tasty beverage. And if Emeril calls me BABE one more TIME Im going to kick HIM up a notch!! Grrrr..... :bangin:
:ROFLMAO: Sushi, you crack me up!

In days gone by it'd always seem like Malto Mario was on (the cooking channel, wherelse would my dial be :D)in the wee hours of the am when sleep eluded me and I got so tired of that pithcy "naaan-nnna-aaa-naaa" Italian sounding music that they pipe in around commercial times - Not quite the same, but you get my sympathy!

(PS - I love Italian music, just not the same few cords of a boring tune over and over.)

Hi Jap!!
3.gif
Come over to the Discuss Cookings Virtual B&B. Piccolina will make you something to relax. :)

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Hi Jap!!
3.gif
Come over to the Discuss Cookings Virtual B&B. Piccolina will make you something to relax. :)
Taking orders, what are you craving Jap? (I've been known to cook up both real and virtual storms in the middle of the night :))

I used to work nights, 6pm to 6am (I loved it. especially in the heat of the summer). The only thing I hated was not being able to hit McDonalds on the way home unless I wanted eggs and sausage :rolleyes: welll, that and swinging to the day shift. I never had as much trouble swinging from day's to nights as I did swinging from nights to days.

Anyway, I'm now stuck in this permanant pattern where I will be a night-owl for a while then swing to the day shift LOL! I had to force my self to do it for so many years that it just happens naturally now.

~ Raven ~

grumblebee said:
It's about 1am where I live but I noticed that a lot of people are online here at DC!

What is everyone up to? Can't sleep? Baby keeping you awake? I'm working on a paper that I have due tomorrow. I'm half online/half working. The online portion I'm justifying to myself by calling it "research" - although I'm not sure how much cooking has to do with cognative and language development of toddlers! :LOL: (which is what I am writing my paper on)

Anyway, if you are online now come say hi. (and why you are up so late!)

1AM?? Hey that's early!!:LOL:

We are staunch nightowls, and now that a day is getting longer, it will be again a semi-regular case when the new day is dawning when we finally hit the sack!!
However I feel rather normal compared to Cris, he sometimes doesn't even bother going to sleep, stay up all night working and then go straight to work!!:ohmy: I couldn't surely handle that...

It's not too late here, but I tend to wake up alot in the middle of the night. Here's hoping I can sleep through the night:)

corazon90 said:
Anybody still up? I'm bored.

I am! (of course) I'm such a night owl. I stay up late even when I have to get up early for school the next day.. not very smart! I catch up on the weekends though.

BUT, I don't have school or work tomorrow so I can sleep in. YAY! I was going to go out with some friends tonight for drinks but it's cold and snowy so I decided to stay in, stay warm, and be lazy. I've had such a nice evening of reading, watching some mindless tv, catching up on a bit of homework, and now I'm online just goofing off before bed.

What are you doing up so late? Are the little ones sleeping?

Hi pds and grumblebee! Glad to see you are both awake. Yep, the kids are asleep. Callum is asleep on my chest but somehow he knows what time it is and won't let me lay him down until 11pm. Internal clock, I suppose.

dh was supposed to work today but ended up coming home because he's sick. Both the kids are feeling better as dh & I are still in the thick of being sick. I feel the worst today. Colds don't usually hit me so hard. It was almost like taking care of three kids today. It is quiet in the house now and I wish I had some tea for my throat but it's too much trouble to go down and make some.

It snowed a bunch at our house this morning, but sadly most of it has melted. Tomorrow, I'm going into town to do some grocery shopping. Our neighbor's son's (apostrophe's? are those right? don't want jkath police after me:LOL: ) birthday is on Sunday and he is in love with our green chile chicken enchiladas, so we are making him some for his birthday party on Sunday.

What's the chit chat with you ladies?

Last edited:
Not much going on here... I went to the store this morning to get the stuff for our Southern dinner and can't wait to start cooking. Paul's working behind me on some computer stuff.. and isn't sounding too happy. I don't think it's going well.

I sure hope you and hubby are feeling better tomorrow! Being sick sucks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom