My screen name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jap1148

Cook
Since I'm new to this forum, it seems my screen name has offended some members. My screen name consists of my initials- no intent to offend any group of people; it's that simple. When I first came on, someone did joke about it, and I offered to change it then, but a moderator told me I really didn't need to. So, if this continues to be a problem, I will change it- otherwise, it's simply just my initials. For those of you who might need to discuss this- please feel free to pm me- I'll be glad to talk about it .

I'm sorry that you've had negative feedback. I usually just put jp when I've replied to your threads. It should be up to you and admin to decide on changing it. It's nice of you to explain it though. Maybe that will help for anyone that thought it meant otherwise.

jp,
your name is fine with me...I really never gave it a second thought..As far as I'm concerned, you're fine as you are.

kadesma:)

Not to worry, jap1148 -
(if I remember correctly, the member had commented on not wanting to offend anyone if they were to abbreviate your username. I took it as being thoughtful to others.)

It is amazing that anyone would get flared up over something like that. I like your handle and echo the same as others that it is kind of you to offer to change it.

When I see your handle.... I think of Jalapenos for some reason.

sattie said:
It is amazing that anyone would get flared up over something like that. I like your handle and echo the same as others that it is kind of you to offer to change it.

When I see your handle.... I think of Jalapenos for some reason.

That's pretty funny... Jalapenos was the first thing that came to my mind too. Fun times working in a kitchen.

Thanks for the feedback-don't want to step on toes here! Jalapenos??? That'll work too- my hubby says sometimes I am a firecracker :LOL:

Jean, I hope you don't mind if I just refer to you as jp. Welcome to DC....Wasabi

Just like the old joke.............."You can call me anything.............just don't call me late for dinner".:LOL:

I use my initials on another website and some asked me what it meant too. It was simply my initials.

jap1148 said:
Thanks for the feedback-don't want to step on toes here! Jalapenos??? That'll work too- my hubby says sometimes I am a firecracker :LOL:

I will think of you as the "hot guy" or gal? :ROFLMAO:

sattie said:
I will think of you as the "hot guy" or gal? :ROFLMAO:

lol- hot gal-

Thanks to all for the support here- what a great group of people and I'm glad to be affiliated with you all. :blush:

I love when people use thier initials. It make me feel better that I used mine :)

Welcome to the site jap1148. We are glad to have you here by any name you choose to go by, but I think the one you picked is just fine!

Back
Top Bottom