Kim's Breaded Pork Cutlets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
My husband makes these, and they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious...good country cooking.

You will need:
boneless pork loin chops, cut about 3/8" thick
2-4 eggs, beaten with a little milk
flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
canola oil for frying

Pound chops with meat mallet to thickness of 1/4". Season both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge in seasoned flour, dip in egg, then back into seasoned flour. Heat 1-1/2" cooking oil in electric skillet to temperature of 350 degrees. Put chops in skillet, set lid askew on pan, and let cutlets brown on one side without turning. When golden, turn and continue cooking until other side is golden.
Remove to paper towels and drain thoroughly.
We serve them on a good fresh bakery bun (or even plain old white bread) with catsup. They're also great with mashed potatoes and cream gravy, as you would do with chicken fried steak.

You can tweak them up with more spices in the seasoning, or make a fancier sauce if you like, but sometimes I think less is more.

Connie, no need to tweak at all..These sound yummy...I know my DH will love em.. Thanks for sharing..

kadesma:)

These sound like the Pork Tenderloin sandwich they used to make at the bait shop by my home along the Skunk River in Iowa. They would put the giant tenderloin on a hamburger bun and then you would eat all around the edges first. Thanks for the recipe I'll have to try them.

Looks good to me... I, too, season pork chops very little. I must say I do like white pepper on them.

Back
Top Bottom