Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   Dine with us question (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dine-with-us-question-20069.html)

luvs 03-07-2006 02:02 PM

Dine with us question

do you cook those meals for dinner?

texasgirl 03-07-2006 02:09 PM

We normally do, luvs, but, you can cook it for lunch also. Any day during the weekend too. We just use Saturday as a starting point.

texasgirl 03-07-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by licia
What meals?

licia, she is talking about our weekend dinners that we all do together, like our pizza night, mexican food night, etc...

luvs 03-07-2006 05:11 PM

thanks, tex. i may join some weekend.

texasgirl 03-07-2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs_food
thanks, tex. i may join some weekend.

Good, the more the better. I'm glad to see you on here more. Hope school is going good for you. Can't wait to here all the stuff you get to do.

pdswife 03-07-2006 06:21 PM

Did we decide what to cook this weekend?
I'll have to do it on Friday but... I really want to join in.
Life has just been tooooo busy.

texasgirl 03-07-2006 06:24 PM

I don't know. I guess it was decided before I was finished with the poll, so, I guess southern.

pdswife 03-07-2006 06:25 PM

I think only two of us agreed to that TG... not really a decision.

But, sure sounds good to me.

MJ 03-07-2006 06:27 PM

"Dine with us!" was an old idea we brought back to try, maybe before most of you joined DC. I think PDS had just joined when we pulled it if I remember right... anyway, the idea back then was - someone picked and posted a recipe and we all made the same dish, but just getting a group of people together to cook something similar and discuss the results (with pics) is pretty cool IMO.:cool:

The reason we archived the "Dine with us!" forum is because it died out and most people lost interest. I thought because we have so many new members this might work again so we gave it a go. If it gets to slow - we may have to archive it again though...:sad:

texasgirl 03-07-2006 06:31 PM

It doesn't really matter to me. I cook southern stuff all the time, so not a big deal. DH told me to go to Popeyes and try to tell you guys that I made it!!:lol: :rofl:
That's alright, I am tempted to make him some REAL southern foods and make him eat it. I have a Southern cookbook that I haven't looked at in a while. Maybe I'll find something in there different.
Next weekend though, I think we'll do Spanish, IF, everyone is okay with that. I found a lot of different dishes that sounded good. Dina was so excited to see that one on the poll.
As for the rest of the groups, I found different stuff from all those countries that just sounded wonderful. I'm not used to all the different dishes from all around the world as some of you guys are and I just thought I would broaden my palette:mrgreen: