Heart-Attack Burger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

college_cook

Head Chef
I got the idea from a friend, who told me TGI Friday's has a new burger on the menu that has fried mozzorell cheese on it.

1 bun

1/2 pound ground beef patty seasoned with:
-Salt
-Pepper
-Garlic Powder
-Oregano

1/2 inch slice of provolone cheese
3 strips of bacon
1 thin slice of colby-jack cheese

1 egg
1 1/2 T flour
bread crumbs
veggie oil

Season your ground beef, and make sure everything is well-mixed together. Throw it on the grill/ George Foreman/ preffered burger cooker.

Fill a small/medium pot 3/4 in. with veggie oil, and heat to just above medium.

In a medium pan cook your bacon.

Combine egg and flour in a bowl. Dip provolone in egg mixture. Make sure it is thoroughly covered. Cover cheese in bread crumbs (you can season your bread crumbs if you like). Then dip the provolone back into your egg mix. This should use up most of the egg. Now throroughly coat your cheese with bread crumbs. Make sure you oil is hot enough and fry your cheese in the oil until golden brown on both sides. When that is complete dry in on some paper towels.

Now for your colby cheese. You can melt it by
A) toasting it on your bun
-or-
B) melting in onto your burger just before it finshes cooking.

Once your colby is melted and your burger is done, place burger, bacon, and fired cheese on the bun. You may add lettuce tomato, onion, etc. if you like. I tried my burger with a little bit of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, which worked well.

pdswife said:
so... we eat it and die a few days sooner... might be worth it! lol

Eat well, die happy! :mrgreen:

Does sound awfully good, though! Maybe we'll make burgers this weekend.

John

Man, all ya gotta do is add an over-medium egg to the top of it and you've got a true artery clogger.

Yummmmmmmy

Poppinfresh said:
Man, all ya gotta do is add an over-medium egg to the top of it and you've got a true artery clogger.

My huby would have to agree with you Poppinfresh. We love to have burgers all the time and he always eats his with and egg. That burger from T.G.I.F. sounds really good we might have to go out today and try it, good idea College_Cook. Also if you like burgers with egg on them go to Red Robin for there Royal Red Robin Burger, it has a fried egg, topped with three strips of hickory maple-smoked bacon, American cheese, crisp lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. Or if you like a little bit of sweet with your meat get the Banzai Burger it's marinated in teriyaki sauce and topped with grilled pineapple, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. The Banzai is my favorite. In fact we go to Red Robin with our families at least a couple times a month, if not a couple times a week. It is one of our favorite resturants for burgers.
And remember its usually the things that are not good for you that taste the best.:chef:

I say make more than one of those for yourself for one meal and die quicker, hehehehehehe.

Oh no, I don't actually like eggs on burgers, was just saying that'd be a perfect way to round out its status as "truly bad for you".

The whole egg on a burger is a British thing. And, just like most British food I was subjected to while in England, I found it was really kinda gross.

How a country that once ruled the world has such bad cuisine I'll never understand.

the heart attack burger at my favourite burger joint is a pound of ground beef, topped with 2 cheeses, bacon, sauteed onion and mushrooms, a small ham steak, and finally a fried egg.
they're deadly, but oh sooo good.

:) Actually I dont think a burger is that bad for you, it's the french fries fried in bad types of oil that are the true culprits here.

Things like breaded, fried provolone?
But then, college is young, and can handle those extra calories. College, if I were your age, I'd give it a go.
My thought was, how good it would be to have cubes of breaded, fried provolone on a salad? Talk about a crouton!

I do love a good, homemade burger, nicely browned on the outside, but still juicy inside. Best are those grilled outdoors, but the ones I fry in my electric skillet are mighty good.
My very fave dressings are mustard, S&P, sweet relish, Velveeta cheese, and a slice of fresh garden tomato, if available. Bacon is always a welcome topping.

Jpm, I agree about the fries, but I also think the burgers we make ourselves are probably a lot healthier and tasier than the store-bought ones.

:) Thanks Constance!
Yes I think homemade burgers are better as you can control the fat content in your meat.We use venison or buffalo for our burgers so that is not a problem but then I feel justified to add more cheese.Im a bad girl!The frozen fries you buy at the store are loaded with trans fats.So I now for the most part I make oven roasted potatoes made with olive oil actually they taste better anyway.

It's not only the fat content...it's the fact that it's fresh and correctly prepared.
We have a little "blue plate special" type place here in town that has burgers are pretty durned good.. Contents are good, farm fresh ground beef, salt and pepper, and grilled onions, cheese, and/or bacon if you want them.

Nothing like mine, of course. :cool:

There's nothing wrong with indulging yourself every now and again. My family has a long history of weight problems, so I have to keep myself to a very healthy diet. I stay away from fatty foods in general, and if I do have fatty foods I make sure not to consume any processed carbs with it... or usually in the same day.

Of course if you ate like this every day then you really would be in trouble.

Oh and regarding eggs, i read somewhere that the long-standing myths about eggs being a big source of unhealthy cholesterols was proven false. Wish I remembered where, so I could give a link.

Personally, I try to stay on a loose atkins diet. And as long as I stay true to it it works for me.

I think the weight problems faced by many of us in the states has more to do with the quantity of food we consume rather than types of food we eat. In the end it usually does break down to simple calorie math.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom