Anyone watching Chefography?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronjohn55

Head Chef
The food network is running a series of shows this week called chefography, anyone been watching them?

I saw the one on Emeril Lagasse on Monday, it was really quite interesting to see how he progressed through the ranks to where he is now. And some of the pictures of him when he was in school! :ROFLMAO:

John

I missed monday, hope it's repeated. got Paula and Giada, and will see Ina tonight. Impresses me to see just HOW MUCH WORK is involved in a really good show.

This is a series i really wanted to watch, yet i've been extremely busy this week and have missed all of them. Knowing the food network, i'm sure we will get to see them about 20 times over the next month. I did however see top chef last night on Bravo and it looks as if it is going to be very good, it's a contest kinda like american idlo where someone gets eliminated each week. remember the gordon ramsey show hells kitchen? it's that concept without gordon riding your a**

I wanted to see the Emeril one, but this week has been insane with no time to do anything I need to get done, but time to do what everyone else wants me to get done! ARGH!

The Z said:
Did somebody say "Giada" --- mmm... she's a da-ream! Did I miss it?

Da-ream? Maybe yours, but not mine. She kinda bugs me actually. Then again, that may change. Bobby Flay used to bug me, but I enjoy watching him as a chef now. Giada and Rachel Ray aren't high on my list of FN show hosts. In fact, the only female personality I like on FN (granted I don't watch many shows) is Cat Cora from ICA.

Watched Paula. I absolutely *adore* her. Haven't watched the others, but I haven't really had time. Perhaps I can record them this weekend on my computer.

HI You Guys!!! Pete here in Marathon, Florida! Fnally got my computer back and am back on line!!! Whew, what a job. And of course not finished. Have to load all of my software too.
But, I did see Giada last night. I was also suprised that she was so shy in the early days. I thought the show was pretty good.
I did know she was the Grandaughter of the famous movie producer/director. And her Mom is so beautiful too!
I'm sure glad she stuck with it because she does a fine job now! Very good Italian cooking here! I'm going to get her book also.
I am glad to be back with you all!

Sheesh! Is there EVER a biography where someone DOESN'T go through some horrible depression?

:rolleyes:

It would be nice, since the title of the show is "Chefography", to feature more people who have actually held the title of Chef. But what can we really expect from FoodTV these days?

On a side note, I did watch that show about the Seafood Grilling competition. That was pretty entertaining. I needed a good laugh. :LOL:

I'll confess - IMHO you can have Giada (as much as I love her) - I have a thing for her mother. And her aunt really cooks, too! :rolleyes:

Knowing a little about their backgrounds - I really wish they would do a "Chefography" show on Jacques Pépin and Wolfgang Puck.

As for Emeril - he did work his way up from pot scrubber .... but really needs a live audience to play off of to make his schtick work - like a stand-up comedian (Dennis Miller really sucks without the live audience interaction). Did anyone ever see him on his episodes of "How To Boil Water"? I really felt sorry for him!

Michael in FtW said:
I'll confess - IMHO you can have Giada (as much as I love her) - I have a thing for her mother. And her aunt really cooks, too! :rolleyes:

Knowing a little about their backgrounds - I really wish they would do a "Chefography" show on Jacques Pépin and Wolfgang Puck.

As for Emeril - he did work his way up from pot scrubber .... but really needs a live audience to play off of to make his schtick work - like a stand-up comedian (Dennis Miller really sucks without the live audience interaction). Did anyone ever see him on his episodes of "How To Boil Water"? I really felt sorry for him!

Dennis Miller did How to Boil Water??? :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding! Yeah, Emeril almost looked like he was in pain in the few early clips they showed of it on Chefography.

And Sydfan, they didn't mention depression once in Emeril's episode! :wacko:

John

Back
Top Bottom