I'd Rather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...have a million dollars than a kick in the teeth.

:) Barbara
LOL Mud--I had to read yours out loud before I really got it. Sheesh--I've been too busy to think!

'bug, thank you very much for getting "barney" songs out of my head. they've been driving me mad since saturday, but now you've replaced it with simon and garfunkel. thanks sis...:)

EL CONDOR PASA

I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail
Yes I would, if I could, I surely would
I'd rather be a hammer than a nail
Yes I would, if I only could, I surely would

Away, I'd rather sail away
Like a swan that's here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world its saddest sound
Its saddest sound

I'd rather be a forest than a street
Yes I would, if I could, I surely would
I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet
Yes I would, if I only could, I surely would

buckytom said:
'bug, thank you very much for getting "barney" songs out of my head.

hehehe, bucky. I thought Barney was out by now, replaced by Dora the Explorer or the little construction guy (can't think of his name - Bob the Builder?).

If it's any comfort, I had to sing the Barney song (I love you, you love me...) for several YEARS as a goodnight song.

Always loved that S&G tune and the album it came from.

mudbug said:
hehehe, bucky. I thought Barney was out by now, replaced by Dora the Explorer or the little construction guy (can't think of his name - Bob the Builder?).

If it's any comfort, I had to sing the Barney song (I love you, you love me...) for several YEARS as a goodnight song.

Always loved that S&G tune and the album it came from.

barney is a bit passe' by now; that's how i was able to get great last minute tickets, front center orchestra. i could have gotten pit, but i thought it would be too close. i found out that all kids love to run to the front anyway, so i pretty much spent 2 hours running up there too, hunched over, trying not to step on any of the little bastids. but the boy loves barney. the purple prozac beast is still on tv in the a.m..

he also likes bob the builder, sesame street, curious buddies, little people, and thomas the tank engine. his dvd collection is bigger than mine. :huh:

buckytom said:
he also likes bob the builder, sesame street, curious buddies, little people, and thomas the tank engine. his dvd collection is bigger than mine. :huh:
We are netflix subscribers, Aidan has his own queue.:ermm: He gets one movie at a time. We're doing some experimenting, he likes sesame street and I'm happy with that. It's amazing how many of the songs I know from when I was little. Anyway, the point! Have you seen They Might Be Giants ABC video? Aidan loves it! It's pretty entertaining, you'd probably like it better than Barney!!!

I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and alone!

corazon90 said:
Have you seen They Might Be Giants ABC video? Aidan loves it!

Didn't they sing Istanbul (Not Constantinople)? :-p

Me, I'd rather be fishing....

John

corazon90 said:
We are netflix subscribers, Aidan has his own queue.:ermm: He gets one movie at a time. We're doing some experimenting, he likes sesame street and I'm happy with that. It's amazing how many of the songs I know from when I was little. Anyway, the point! Have you seen They Might Be Giants ABC video? Aidan loves it! It's pretty entertaining, you'd probably like it better than Barney!!!

I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and alone!

hmmm, no, i haven't seen it. i'll keep an eye out for it. thanks cora.
ryan chooses which dvd he wants to watch, then puts it in and with a little guidance, presses all of the buttons to make it play on the tv. in fact, he has to do it himself now, or he refuses to watch the dvd, turning off the tv.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom