Grilled Vegetables.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommyncook

Assistant Cook
My husband loves grilled foods. He loves to grill his foods on the barbeque.

He would even grill his vegtables in the deep cold Montreal winters.

Here is a recipe he loves to use,

Red peppers. yellow pepper, green peppers, fresh garlic cloves, red onion
He slices up all the veggies in long slices and marinates it in a mixture of sweet apricot jam and lemon juice.

I bought him this great new toy LINK REMOVED that he uses religiously for his "creations".

Then he plops it all in his new toy and cookes it on a low flame on the top rack of our barbeque, the juices drip onto the foods on the bottom rack, giving it a sweet,n sour veggie taste (best on trout)

Truthfully he is a great outdoors cook, but i do all the real cooking. LOL:LOL:

Happy cooking
BJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I love grilled vegetables but have never tried the apricot jam marinade. It sounds interesting. I'm going to try that some time.

I have to do some grilled vegetables at work. Here's the dressing/marinade that I came up with.

One 8 oz jar Sundried Tomatoes in olive oil, or the equivalent
2 c water
1 ¼ c cider vinegar
2 c olive oil
1 T basil
1 T oregano
1 T thyme
1 T seasoning salt (red)
1 ½ t sugar

Mix all ingredients in a pitcher with an immersion mixer, or in a blender.

I like to marinate the veggies overnight, if possible, then grill briefly over high heat. I also serve a little of the dressing/marinade on the side after I cut the cooked veggies into bite-size sticks and arrange them on a platter.

I loved grilled veggies. I've never gotten this complicated (sounds wonderful, though) but when warmer weather hits (it will, promise me it will) I make up a batch every week. My mother counts on my grilled veggies whenever I hit town. Great over pasta or rice. Great as a soup base. Any time you start up the barbecue (or grill, please let's not get into that), make sure you have lots of veggies tossed in olive oil and seasonings to grill, even if you don't want them for that meal. Then use for the next meal (what a pasta primavera!! What soups!!) or freeze (what a fresh breeze in the winter!).

i have this fantastic teflon'ed grill basket, basically, a metal wok-shaped deal with a foldable wooden handle, that i think i paid about $5 for at the grocery store a couple of years ago. wish i bought 2 of them, since the one just doesn't hold enough for BIG parties.

anyway: take whatever you like on the grill (for me: bell pepper, onion, green & yellow squash, carrots, mushrooms), slice em up into rough chunks, toss in a plastic grocery sack. sprinkle with french provincial herbs, pour in a healthy splash of olive oil followed by one of pink wine/white wine/light colored beer/whatever. shake vigorously (do try to go for the sack without the hole in the bottom, or at least notice it & don't coat yourself with oil & wine), tump into basket on grill, stir every so often. yum!

Grilled Corn on the Cobb is great, just thow it on the grill with husks and all, make sure to turn it over, and that it doesn't catch on fire.. hehe, don't ask me how I know.

You can serve it with butter, or if you are feeling adventerous you can service it mexican style, they call them helotes, and they are service with mayonayse cheese, and chili powder.

For a "quickie", I frequently marinate an assortment of vegetables in a Ziplock bag with whatever Italian dressing I might have on hand (or homemade), & then just broil them in the oven or grill them on one of those perforated-hole grill plates over the outdoor grill.

Great as a side to kabobs or plain chicken or fish dishes, or tossed with pasta.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom