A guy learning to cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonhoggan

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone, I'm 34 year old trying to learn how to cook. I have been watching the food network and trying a recipe out here and there. I though if i logged onto some forums i might learn some tricks. :chef:

Welcome Jason! Your gonna meet some wonderful people on here. Feel free to ask any questions you have and someone will try and help you. I've gotten wonderful advice and ideas on here.

Jason, welcome! You will find anything you little heart desires right here - including great friends, recipes, information, and all sorts of things! Have fun!

Thanks for your warm welcomes

I am already glad that i subscribed to this forum. There seems to be lots of really nice and warm people here.:chef:

Welcome to DiscussCooking jason! And, just remember .... around here the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Jason-

If you're looking to learn you definitely came to the right place. I've been a member for a year maybe(?) The folks around here are awesome, and a great resources to learn from.

You're already on the right track watching the food network too. If you don't watch it already, I'd recommend Good Eats with Alton Brown. All the shows are helpful in their own way. Anyways, good to have you!

Welcome Jason- I hope you find a new "home away from home"here.
Love and energy, Vicki

college_cook said:
You're already on the right track watching the food network too. If you don't watch it already, I'd recommend Good Eats with Alton Brown. All the shows are helpful in their own way. Anyways, good to have you!

Yes thats my favorite channel. I enjoy Emril, Barefoot contessa, Rachel Ray's 30 min Meals, and Everything Itailian.:LOL: In fact I tried Barefoot Contessa's Indonisian Chicken (Ginger-Garlic Chicken) It turned out great and was really delicous.:pig:

Every one Thanks again for the warm welcome

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom