Whats for dinner April 6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today is my parents' 60th wedding anniversary :wub:

We've invited them for a quiet supper celebration...

Appetizers: kadesma's bacon-wrapped apricots w/dipping sauce, mr. callie's famous fried onion rings, smoked almonds, cheese, crackers and champagne.

Supper: filet minons on the grill, twice baked potatoes, cole slaw, garlic bread, a nice cabernet, and for dessert-corazon's chocolate kahlua mousse.

Well its my youngest boys 7th birthday today. We're actually celebrating it at Chuckie Cheese Saturday but I think tonight we'll be eating at McDonalds :)

Meeting my Dad and my Brother and his family for dinner. It's my brother's choice, which means we probably won't have a decision on where to go until we're all in the car!

John

need dinner ideas? what do you like, what do you have on hand? what don't you want a repeat of this soon? something to go on please!

We're having sausage,peppers,onions and mushrooms on garlic bread with baby green salad.
Happy Anniversary to Callie's parents- 60 years God Bless!! AND
also a BIG Happy 7th Birthday to Little Sizzlin!!!!!
Love and energy, Vicki

It was a total disaster. I oversalted. Everything was mushy. Ugh! I'm glad this day is over.

Robo410 said:
need dinner ideas? what do you like, what do you have on hand? what don't you want a repeat of this soon? something to go on please!

I've got chicken, (though I'm sick of chicken at the moment), smoked ham, cheddar cheese, bacon, potatoes, shrimp, and all spices and condiments, flour, sugar, etc. So chicken is the only "meat" I have on hand.

Make Monte Cristo sandwiches. Put a slice of ham and some cheese in the sandwich, dip in beaten egg and fry like a grilled cheese sandwich. Serve with some kind of soup and salad and you are golden.

I have some steak thawing. Not sure what I will do with it yet.

Monday we had country ribs, Tuesday we had stuffed peppers, Wednesday we had broiled steak, so I think tonight will be chicken of a sort. I also have some fresh corn, so something that will go with that. I'm thinking about making the cinnamon shortbread thingys to have with fresh fruit.

We've been invited to a friends for dinner tonight.

He's making a "special" cod dish
a "fancy" veggie dish
and a surprise "my new favorite" dessert....
I'm bringing Jkaths orange spinach salad.

Happy Anniversary to callie's parents!! 60 years is wonderful!!

Happy Birthday to Sizzlin's son!!

It's eat out for us tonight. Maybe Arby's

Arby's sounds good. Haven't had one of their roastbeef sandwiches in years. Do they still have that good cheddar sauce?

I **JUST** went through the Arby's drive through at lunchtime (about half an hour ago) too funny! Yes, PD they still have the good cheddar sauce!

Tonight for dinner I am making tortellini with spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes in a cream sauce, tossed salad and a brownie tart.

callie said:
Today is my parents' 60th wedding anniversary :wub:

We've invited them for a quiet supper celebration...

Appetizers: kadesma's bacon-wrapped apricots w/dipping sauce, mr. callie's famous fried onion rings, smoked almonds, cheese, crackers and champagne.

Supper: filet minons on the grill, twice baked potatoes, cole slaw, garlic bread, a nice cabernet, and for dessert-corazon's chocolate kahlua mousse.
Congrats to your parents! 60 years is very impressive! :clap: I hope you enjoy the mousse! Let me know if you liked it! I'm always interested in feedback and variations.

Don't know about dinner, but the fridge it packed with food! I'm hoping to get some banana bread made today, I've been wanting to for the past 3 days but it hasn't happened.:rolleyes:

Happy Birthday, Sizz's son!!

And thanks, Vicki, TG, and corazon for the anniversary wishes. 60 years is quite an accomplishment!!

corazon - the mousse is wonderful!! I didn't put it in a pie crust. I just made the mousse and spooned it into 4 pretty little glasses. I've got fresh whipped cream in the refrigerator waiting to top each serving. I'm not going to freeze the mousse - just keep it in the fridge. Of course, mr. callie and I had to sample the remaining mousse...we definitely give it a 5 star rating!! Thanks SO much for sharing!! :)

Happy birthday Sizzlins' son - Happy Anniversary Callie's parents! Wow, 60 years! God Bless them!

This whole week has been too busy - taking the cat to the vet at 4pm - will be home right at dinner time - soooooo, I am defrosting jkath's chicken scampi that I made in the crock pot a couple of weeks ago. I'll heat up some angel hair and some garlic bread, voila - dinner!

Callie, I wish I was at your house:cool: !

I ended up thawing out a round steak, cutting it into eight portions, seasoning it, and seared it in bacon fat in a 12" cast iron skillet. Once the pieces were done to my liking, I hit the pan with some julienned onions, sliced mushrooms, and cracked black pepper. Saute that around a bit, then poured all the juices that came out of the steaks. Once that started, I added 1/2 c of stock, brought it to a simmer, and cooked until most of the liquid was gone. A Knorr Mushroom Rice packet and some frozen corn in the microwave rounded out the dinner.

PeppA and her Mom liked it. I thought it was pretty good, for cooking by the seat of my pants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom