My First Post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vyapti

Sous Chef
Greetings.

I found DiscussCooking a couple of months ago and decided it's time to stop lurking. I recently moved to Eugene, Oregon from very rural Washington. For the first time in my life, I can get fresh ingredients from delis or ethnic grocers. I was truly elated when I found a deli that sold slab Pancetta AND Paneer--both unavailable where I used to live.

I love to cook and like to try new things. My grandma was an Italian immigrant, so I grew up in a kitchen where the food was always a priority and no one was allowed to leave the table hungry ("Have another meatball," she'd say, "You're too skinny").

In addition to Italian, I've spent a lot of time cooking Mexican food (lived in rural areas with high Hispanic populations) and am currently trying to build my skills in Indian cousine. I've had just enough home cooked Indian food to know that the restaurants don't do it justice.

Anyway, that's me. I'm glad I found this forum and am looking forward to being a part of a great community.

Hi! Welcome to the group!

Oregon is a great place to live. Hubby and I were both born there and our families still live down there. WE LOVE it and visit often.

For now Washington is home.

Enjoy DC it's a great place.

Dear Viyapti,

Welcome to the site------lots of options on this planet------we have people from all over as you well know from "lurking". Looking forward to your postings of some of your favorite Italian and Mexican dishes--two cuisines that my husband and I adore. We also love Indian food as well having lived in Mombai (Bombay).

Back
Top Bottom