Summer Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

which summer movies are you looking forward to? multi-choice poll

• Total voters

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Which movies are you looking forward to this summer?
I don't know if these are the best options. This poll might be somewhat biased, as these are all the movies I'd like to see...anyone want to babysit?:LOL:

Last edited:
Funny but I can't recall seeing any of these advertised so I can't give an opinion on them. We took our youngest to see Ice Age 2 a few weeks ago and they previewed several childrens movies coming out and I wished I could remember the names of them but will def. be going to see those.

We want to see X-Men 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 2. I haven't heard anything about Lady in the Water, but I like M. Night Shyamalan, so we'll probably see that too. We love movies--we call them our mini-vacations! I have even been a Secret Shopper for our theater for a year and a half.

:) Barbara

Paul and I have been waiting and waiting for MI3. We'll be there opening night!!

The Da Vinci Code, read the book and loved it so was planning on making Paul go see it with me. David called the other day and said that he wanted to see it and would go with us!!!!! I don't know what I'm more excited about the movie or spending a few hours with both my boys.

I've always been a fan of the whole 'Superman' franchise... I watched the original series with George Reeves and have enjoyed all of the variations through the years... so I'm sure I'll see this one. We don't go to the movies a lot so I might wait until it comes out on DVD (Has anyone else noticed that they all come to DVD really quickly these days?).

The Z said:
(Has anyone else noticed that they all come to DVD really quickly these days?).
I saw a thing on the news that they are soon going to release movies on DVD as soon as 2 weeks after they open in theaters. Their reasoning was that they would only have to advertise them once. Also, I think they are hoping it will slow piracy down.

FWIW, Keith Richards isn't in the movie, but I can't wait to see it anyway.

I can't wait to see The Notorious Bettie Page, along with many, many others. I'll see Thank You For Smoking in the next week or so, as well as Inside Man. I saw V for Vendetta on Saturday. Good flick.

I have a thing for artsy, fartsy flicks, so I'll see several of them over the summer.

Barbara L said:
I saw a thing on the news that they are soon going to release movies on DVD as soon as 2 weeks after they open in theaters. Their reasoning was that they would only have to advertise them once. Also, I think they are hoping it will slow piracy down.

They'll be cutting their own throats if they do.

phinz said:
FWIW, Keith Richards isn't in the movie, but I can't wait to see it anyway.

I have a thing for artsy, fartsy flicks, so I'll see several of them over the summer.

Thanks for bursting my bubble, phinz. I was sooo looking forward to seeing what's left of Keith in that movie...........

I'm an A-F fan too. I will be going to these movies alone in my household, alas.

I am not a Tom Cruise fan but MI3 was partially filmed in central Rome... so look to see some vistas of my neighbourhood!!:-p

Personally, I am curious to see how they have made Da Vinci Code into a film.

Me too, urmaniac, because (1)I resisted reading the book just 'cuz everyone else was and I now realize it's sort of a mystery instead of a heavy religious thing, and (2) I pretty much like Tom Hanks in anything he's done.

texasgirl said:
Johnny Depp + Captain Jack = mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
My wife would agree completely. I've been waiting for Pirates of the Carribean movie forever, it seems. It may be the only movie this summer that I don't wait for. Normally, we just wait a couple of months and see it at the dollar theater.

Back
Top Bottom