Las Vegas dinner tonight will be...4/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
If someone started this thread, please forgive, I don't see one yet. DD took me out to lunch but I didn't eat much so dinner will be welcomed. We ate at Panera Bread, never did that before, pretty good.

DD just told me her DB is making dinner so I'm off the hook:LOL:

Whatcha making?:ermm:

Well I was going to cook outdoors, then realized my hibachi grill broke a leg last winter while cooking (rusted, old), so I had to do an indoor version, which took alot longer, but the end result was good. Glad your in Vegas having a good time. I was at a mall there once, it had a roof top that looked liked the sky in the daytime, and stars at night. I dont recall the name, but the food was fantastic. Enjoy!

We're cleaning out the fridge tonight...leftover tuna casserole and braised fresh asparagus.
I also have some leftover baked potatoes, but I think I'll save them for tomorrow night. Kim is going to pan-fry some nice thick pollack fillets, and we can cut the potatoes into wedges and brown them in a skillet to go with.

We had some leftover rotisserie chicken - all the limbs had been eaten, but the body was intact..also some baby new potatoes, green salad, sliced tomatoes and the last of the Easter eggs, only 2. The fridge is looking pretty good inside.

A neighbor stopped by with a rotissere chicken from costco and a lime,pineapple,avocado salad, I have some crossant rolls so sammies and salad for us tonight. I'm looking forward to our sunday dinner, my mind is going from thing to thing trying to decide what to have:LOL: I'm sure it will come to me soon.:LOL:

kadesma

don't know what I'll be having. We have a fridge packed with food though.:) I bought some tortellini yesterday, I might just make that since it's easy and because I'm on my own with the kids and the house is a disaster area and I'll be making pesto pizza this weekend that I'd like to get started tonight if I can.

We had balsmic honey glazed pork medallions, absolutely wonderful leftover potatoes that I mashed with a ton of garlic, a stick of butter, sour cream and topped with a ton of cheddar cheese (a low cal low fat dish) as well as steamed broccoli.

leftovers from the grill last night, and lots of easter chocolate.

but i'm still hungry, and i need a sushi fix, so i'm going up to a place on 76th and columbus that stays open for sushi and chinese food 'till 2am. gotta love this city...

I'm too nauseous to have a real dinner tonight so I just heated some couscous and green beans in the microwave

I was a bad girl and didn't eat, surprisingly though I did eat a waffle for breakfast. I was working out in the yard all day (12 hours) and when I get that involved I don't get hungry and I don't want to stop when I'm on a roll.

I did throw in some chicken in the oven for the family though. They managed getting their sides in order.

For the chicken.....I massaged EVOO on the skin, sprinkled on S & P, dried thyme and squeezed some fresh lemon juice on it and then baked it. I have no idea how it turned out as I was too tierd to ask DH when I finally stopped working.

Oh well it'll be my lunch today.

Since I've always liked Aidell's specialty poultry sausages, I eagerly picked up a package of their new chicken/turkey Chipotle meatballs. Served them last night atop an equally new zesty Mexican rice mix, along with a green salad.

The rice mix was great; the meatballs sorely disappointing. UNBELIEVABLY salty. Way, way too salty. What a shame, especially since the sausages are always so good. Oh well. They were too expensive to become much of a mainstay anyway, especially since turkey meatballs are so easy to make from scratch.

amber said:
Well I was going to cook outdoors, then realized my hibachi grill broke a leg last winter while cooking (rusted, old), so I had to do an indoor version, which took alot longer, but the end result was good. Glad your in Vegas having a good time. I was at a mall there once, it had a roof top that looked liked the sky in the daytime, and stars at night. I dont recall the name, but the food was fantastic. Enjoy!

At the Forum outside of Caesers Palace, they have that too. Probably not what you meant tho.

I am babysitting my DGS for 10 as my DD and her fiance left today for Hawaii to get married. That's the reason I'm here. Other than that, since we live so close to Vegas, it's not much of a draw. We're here all the time.:wacko:

GB said:
Is this the new grill or the charcoal one? How is the gas one working out for you?

i have been able to cornfuse dw with lots of grills, prices, and features so we haven't bought any propane (grills) or propane accesories.

i distracted her with an impulse buying trip to kohl's today, and we bought a new carpet steamer and hand vac.

the shopping beast in her has had it's fill for now. will require an offering soon, tho.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom