Easy Lemon Refrigerated Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quizzie

Senior Cook
FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WANT EASY RECIPES: It doesn't get any easier than this cool refreshing Sunday's best pie.

1 graham or shortbread already made crust 9' shell
2 cans condensed Eagle Brand milk
1/3 to 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice.
1 cup heavy cream- make whipped topping
(cool whip will work)

In a bowl add your condensed sweet milk, stir in lemon juice. Stir with a wooden spoon from the middle of bowl in a circular manner - this will evenly mix lemon with milk. When you are sure your ingrediants are thouroughly mixed, pour it into your pie shell. Refrigerate and cover with plastic topping (pie shell should have come with cover) for about 4-6 hours. The best results if left overnight. Slice into a bit of heaven. Add homemade topping or coolwhip this of course is optional. This is an old family recipe and I am happy to share with you.... I HAVE WON RECIPE CONTEST WITH THIS PIE.

I made the pie last night and we ate it at supper today. It was very easy, great taste, though there could have been a little more lemon flavor in it. Yummy! :-p

chocoholic, if the truth be known this recipe calls for 1/2 cup to 3/4 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice. cut it back due to the fact it is very tart. you can always add to the recipe, than take away. Try it that way next time. You might like it better.

The instant I read this recipe I thought that it would be the perfect thing to follow up a fried (or baked) chicken meal on a picnic. Thanks Quizzie, it sounds wonderful :)

Aha, so you just flavor it to taste. I was worried that the lemon juice would curdle the milk or something...

No... it will not curddle the milk I think, because it is being condensed. You would think that the acidity in the lemon would curdle. But, in this case it expands the sweetened milk to give it a thick settled consitancy and able to slice. It is my hubby's favorite. He's been on me to make one. Heck what do they cost? Next to nothin.

Picoloina; I hope you made the pie. Hope your family loves it. As I was telling chocoholic you can add the lemon juice to your taste. Use a little spoon to taste as you add. Let us know hoe you like it. Have you tried my Easy Peanut Butter Cookies. It should be in the discuss cooking forum.

Back
Top Bottom