Study shows secret to gas-free beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Grandma White used to put a bit of baking soda in them...she said it took the "snappers" out. I have also read that adding an Aspirin to the beans will kill the enzymes or whatever that cause the gas.

Personally, HB and I kinda enjoy playing fart football. :LOL:

:) I soak them overnight then toss the soak water rinse well add fresh water and proceed, the soak water extracts alot of the enzymes that causes the gas.Another thing is if you dont eat alot of fiber on a regular basis your body has a harder time dealing with it.

:ROFLMAO: Beans,Beans the magical fruit the more you eat the more you toot,the more you toot the more you eat.And if you put pineapple in them you get Hawaiian Music.:ROFLMAO:

many put in a bit of vinegar
I don't really care...my system works fine...and I love my beans...baked, refried, souped, black, pinto, BEpeas, etc. with greens, in stews, as a main or side, bring em on.

jpmcgrew said:
:) I soak them overnight then toss the soak water rinse well add fresh water and proceed, the soak water extracts alot of the enzymes that causes the gas.Another thing is if you dont eat alot of fiber on a regular basis your body has a harder time dealing with it.

:ROFLMAO: Beans,Beans the magical fruit the more you eat the more you toot,the more you toot the more you eat.And if you put pineapple in them you get Hawaiian Music.:ROFLMAO:

Hawaiian Music????? :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom