How does the pizza I'm making tonight sound?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana Brain

Sous Chef
I'm making it all from scratch and using a recipe from my Italian cookbook. I'm using EVOO in place of sauce, four white onions thinly sliced and spread all over (completly covering the dough like shredded cheese normally would) and there will be large chunks of cheese wide-spread. The recipe called for mozzerella, but I found a bag of Kraft Italian-themed crumbles featuring chunks of part-skim :)glare: ) mozerrella, provolone, ramano, and asiago cheese chunks. For more variety. I'm then topping that with whole black olives and some fresh parsly I just picked up from the store. Sound good?

corazon90 said:
That does sound good. I'd probably caramelize the onions though, because I'm not a big fan.
Oooh, good idea! I'll definatly brush the top with some olive oil at least, so they'll come out roasted. Thats the closest thing I know to carmelization. I'd better get started because its six-fifteen and I havn't even made the dough! Good thing everyone is getting home late tonight.

Oh, it's easy. Just put some evoo in a skillet over med heat. Add the onions. Stir often for about 20 minutes until the become brown and tender. Sometimes I add a little brown sugar at the end.

My fave pizza place has a 4 cheese pizza. Caramelized onion with Asiago, Gorgonzola, mozz & parm.

Last edited:
Guess what: the pizza is in the oven right now. My family won't be eating until 10! I'm an idiot for thinking I could just whip it up. It did take an hour for the dough to rise and all. Oh, and I did end up carmelizing the onions because when I reread the recipe thats what it said to do! And I did it exactly how you said minus the brown sugar. I wish I would have read this post earlier, because I could have added brown sugar. It could have gone well with the extra-sweet crust I made with honey. Oh well. Anyways, I ended up adding Tillamook Vintage X-sharp White Cheddar (aged over two years) to the multi-cheese mix. It better be good, because that cheese costs $16.50 a block. Plus I added alot more parsly than was called for (its only super-fresh once).
Do you know what the worst part about me making everyone wait so late to eat is though? That I kept promicing, "the pizza is almost ready!" for twenty mintues before opening the oven to find that I'd stuck it in the wrong oven. The one I hadn't heated. Oops! I'd better go check on my pizza right now, because if I burn this I am DEAD.

That pizza sounds divine... I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Next time you make one with loads of onions try tossing on a bit of pineapple too. Pineapple and onion pizza is one of my favourites! The sweetness of pineapple matches so well with the robust onions... yum.

grumblebee said:
That pizza sounds divine... I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Next time you make one with loads of onions try tossing on a bit of pineapple too. Pineapple and onion pizza is one of my favourites! The sweetness of pineapple matches so well with the robust onions... yum.
You see you guys? You always post things just barely too late, because I even happen to have half a pineapple in the fridge.

Anyways, the pizza was a HIT! Every last peice was gone in way less time than it took to make. It was called "amazing" and with "perfect cheese" tonight, compliments from everyone. My fiance had four big peices (which was almost half the pie) and wished there was more when it was gone. I'm thinking it was the carmalized onions that did it (everyone said it was "uniqe" and I'm thinking thats why). Or maybe the excessive EVOO. This wasn't the first carmalized-onion pizza I've had, but it was the first pizza I'd had with cheese in thick chunks (rather than spread in shreads) and I like it like that.
Hey corazon90, you get the Tillamook Vintage White for EIGHT BUCKS at costco?! Lucky! I always look for it there and that and the Private Selections Extra Sharp Cheddar are always the only Tillamook cheeses missing.

Banana Brain said:
I'm making it all from scratch and using a recipe from my Italian cookbook. I'm using EVOO in place of sauce, four white onions thinly sliced and spread all over (completly covering the dough like shredded cheese normally would) and there will be large chunks of cheese wide-spread. The recipe called for mozzerella, but I found a bag of Kraft Italian-themed crumbles featuring chunks of part-skim :)glare: ) mozerrella, provolone, ramano, and asiago cheese chunks. For more variety. I'm then topping that with whole black olives and some fresh parsly I just picked up from the store. Sound good?

well, let's just say that it sounds good enough for me to hitch a ride to your place:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom