Cuban Black Bean Soup REC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grommet

Assistant Cook
from a friend..l think the celentro makes it speacial

500 grams dried black beans ..soak for 2 hours
4 cups of water
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
250 grams green ham on bone cut in 1 inch pieces get butcher to saw in pieces..must stay on bone..of put the whole lot in
2 teaspoons paprika
3 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tsp celentro
4 cups chicken stock
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

put black beans and water in large pot. cover and boil two minutes. Turn off heat and let stand 1 hour.

remove the lid and add the rest of the ingredients, except the vinegar, salt and pepper. the beans,must be covered may have to add a bit more water. cover and simmer until the beans are tender, about 2 hours. take out the ham and digared bones. Return the meat to the pot. add the vinegar, salt and pepper. simmer fro 5 mins.

dress with mojito sauce and enjoy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

had mojito sauce this time in cuba..poured over yucca..of served warm over salad with lemon juice

very simple

garlic fried IN butter..

the garlic is cooked till it is brown..

so it has a nutty flavor..

smiliar to the butter they pour over dal in india..

http://www.cubamaniaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1175

I LOVE Black Bean Soup, but instead of the ham I cook it along with a smoked turkey thigh. And I also add a goodly dollop of dry sherry to it & garnish it with another goodly dollop of sour cream & finely chopped sweet onion.

sounds wonderful breezycooking..
if you don't mind l will add it to our web pages...

hoping to add more recipes to the site...
BreezyCooking said:
I LOVE Black Bean Soup, but instead of the ham I cook it along with a smoked turkey thigh. And I also add a goodly dollop of dry sherry to it & garnish it with another goodly dollop of sour cream & finely chopped sweet onion.

This is pretty much the recipe I use but I add a can of diced tomatoes and some diced celery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom