Woman Banned from Buffet!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can understand both sides. Kids are going to load there plates because they have no sense of how much they can take in. But, as adults, we should be able to say, okay, I know I can eat this much, if I want more, I'll come back for more, instead of piling the plate and then wasting the food. It's all you can eat, not eat what you can and waste the rest. A little left is one thing, but, if there is a lot, like half the plate, that's wasting.

I'm with the restaurant on this one. It's the parents' responsibility to control their kids.

This kind of wastefulness gets reflected in higher prices down the line.

I agree Andy. I think the restaurant not only was right, but had a responsibility to stop this kind of wasteful behavior.

I know some Asian buffet places that has signs up that say they will charge to X amout of dollars if it's deemed that you're being wasteful. Never have seen it at a Western buffet, but I think they should all have those signs up.Good way to make people think about what they will put on their plate. It's one thing to take a small portion to try and find you don't like it, but it's another to heap it on and know you won't eat most of it.

:) Besides an all you can eat buffet you can always get more if you want it so why be so greedy.In my 20s I worked at an archaeological dig and had to feed about 20 people.At first I would almost run out of food cause the first few people would just pile it on their plates where alot did not get finished and went to trash.So I started portion controling with more than normal servings and lo and behold there always was plenty leftover if you wanted to get 2nds and 3rds.:pig:

That's pathetic. The fact that the mother is so appaled is unbelievable in itself. All you can eat seems pretty clear cut to me. If you don't eat it, then you shouldn't go for more since you can't eat any more.

If there is stuff you don't know you like, take a little bit and go from there. That's how I was introducted to Chinese buffets. A lot of the stuff I don't care for, but when I first tried it, I took a small portion resulting in little waste if I didn't like it. If I did like it, I went back for round 2, and so forth.

Ditto what y'all said about the kids. It was my parents that ingrained in my head that you only take a little of stuff to see what you like and go from there. A parent must discipline the children accordingly to abide by such rules. Younger kids ought to be supervised and assisted by adults, while older kids ought to be held accountable for what they took to eat it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom