Where is Maidrite and BarbaraL??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I haven't seen them in a while. Also quite a few others. just to name a few, that I'm used to seeing on a daily basis all over this place. I know that a few have things going on, but, I miss seeing them on here everyday:(

kadesma
crewsk
shannon in KS
ronjohn
buckytom
sarah
ishbel
texastamale
texcin
texasblueheron
piccolina

I can't type all of them, there are quite a few, but, you get my drift.

texasgirl said:
I haven't seen them in a while. Also quite a few others. just to name a few, that I'm used to seeing on a daily basis all over this place. I know that a few have things going on, but, I miss seeing them on here everyday:(

kadesma
crewsk
shannon in KS
ronjohn
buckytom
sarah
ishbel
texastamale
texcin
texasblueheron
piccolina

I can't type all of them, there are quite a few, but, you get my drift.

Not sure.....of all of them I saw crewsk on here yesterday a few times. She's busy is why she's not on much.

I'm keeping in touch with Piccolina by snail mail. She and Tony are doing fine. They just moved again, to an apartment closer to Tony's job. I'll let ya know if I find out anymore news.

I'm not sure about any of the others... maybe everyone is starting their summer vacations??

pdswife said:
I'm keeping in touch with Piccolina by snail mail. She and Tony are doing fine. They just moved again, to an apartment closer to Tony's job. I'll let ya know if I find out anymore news.

I'm not sure about any of the others... maybe everyone is starting their summer vacations??

Thank you, pds. I was wondering how they were doing up North.

I'm back kind of. A here and there thing right now. I'll be back just as much as before when things are settled here.

I'm here, read when I can, have been busy getting the swimming pool re-tiled and sanded and new plaster..plus had to arrange the services for Dh's brothers interment this morning...I've had my hands full, but I've been looking in as often as I can..hugs,
kadesma

Kadesma, I'm sorry. Hugs to you and your family.

I miss Barbara and Maidrite and the others too! I, speaking from experience, know how "life" can get in the way of my fun on DC.

Most of those folks have been around - you just have to catch 'em! I see Barbara and Bucky at night, and no doubt you'll catch Ronjohn...all you need to do is put "BEER" in your subject line.

middie said:
Oh kads I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I can relate.
Thoughts to you and your family.
Thanks Middie,
hope things are better for you and your loved ones. Losing one of them hurts so much.

hugs to you.

kadesma

I know that James was working on a couple of projects and Barbara might still be working towards her degree.

I have not been around much lately either due to yard work, my job has been busy gearing up for the summer field season, etc.

Hi guys! With only 8 more days of school things are very hectic right now. Here is some of why I have been so scarce lately:

Work: We are in the middle of our state testing right now. Report card grades are due Monday. I had to gather a ton of stuff for some technology thing that was due yesterday.

School: Yes, I'm still working on my degree. I am in week 3 of a 6-week class. Three more classes after this. I will be done in October. My classes keep me pretty busy. Fortunately I have been able to get it done, and my grades are pretty decent, for which I am glad. (Straight A's actually. :blush: I guess I shouldn't brag, but I've worked hard for it!).

Work related: On top of everything else, I have decided (along with 6 other teachers at my school) to go for my National Board Certification. I have thought about doing it before, but I was always so scared that I didn't sign up. We are fortunate to have a teacher at our school who has already gone through the process, and she is giving us lots of tips. This is a major process that won't be finished until the end of March (I told James I can be nice again after March!). If we don't pass, we have 3 years to do it. I hope and pray I can pass it the first time, as I don't know if I will make it otherwise! It is a lot of stress! BUT--when I pass it, it will mean an extra $7,500 a year added to my pay for 10 years (unless I choose to go through the whole thing again then to renew).

I will be teaching Summer School in June (4 days a week for 4 weeks), but it is easy money. No stress, kind of fun, only 10 kids (usually anyway).

So that is why I haven't been around as much. I do pop in whenever I have a chance, but I don't have much time lately for more than a "hit-and-run" visit! You are all in my thoughts!

:) Barbara

Well, I really glad to see that some of you are still with us. I guess life get's in the way sometimes:LOL: j/k
Everyone take care!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom