I found some old cookbooks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

middie

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I went to my dad's today to collect setimental things. That was hard. But I was looking in the cabinets in his kitchen and found some pretty old cookbooks.

Family Circle Favorite Recipes 1977
Homemade Bread 1969

And here's the real kicker

Pillsbury's 4th Grand National 100 Prize Winning Recipes NEW 1953 cookbook !!!

I thought that was pretty cool and I wanted to share with you guys.

Very cool, middie! I'm sure they provided a good distraction to such a hard job. You'll have to try out some of the recipes!

[[hugs]]

middie said:
Well I went to my dad's today to collect setimental things. That was hard. But I was looking in the cabinets in his kitchen and found some pretty old cookbooks.

Family Circle Favorite Recipes 1977
Homemade Bread 1969

And here's the real kicker

Pillsbury's 4th Grand National 100 Prize Winning Recipes NEW 1953 cookbook !!!

I thought that was pretty cool and I wanted to share with you guys.
I know how hard it is Middie, you're braver than I am..I have yet to go through mom's things and I know I have to..I'm glad you found something to treasure and look at and remember..Hang in there, I know how you're feeling and will keep you close in my thougts.

kadesma

Middie, glad you found some things that made you smile - and will always make you smile whenever you look at them. I know this is a hard time for you, hugs coming your way.

middie:

Really nice remembrances of your dad.

When you look through the cookbooks you'll find it interesting how much recipes and cookbooks have changed over the years.

Thats great Middie! I understand how hard this is for you. I have some of mom and dads kitchen items throughout my kitchen and think of them each time I use them.......its like I have a piece of them around me with some of their items here and in use.

Stay strong my friend!

Oh come on... really old cookbooks? I have some older than that that belong to me and were purchased by me. Julia Child's were from the 1960s and I do not consider those to be relegated to the the thrift shop of oldies! I have 600+ cookbooks and many are 1940s-1950s. I also have some classic of the early 1900s as a couple of The White House Cookbook that have recipes for removal of freckles! It doesn't work! Many of the classic cookbooks of Irma Rombauer are of the 1950s that are updated occassionally. Betty Crocker has changed over the years by dropping recipes and adding ones that are thought to be more timely.

What a wonderful find!
Look through the pages and see if any have little bits of flour or splatterings on the pages. That's how you know the best ones!:)

pdswife said:
What fun! Did you and your dad ever do any cooking together?

We cooked FOR each other but not together since I was really little. Funny thing is he'd make me potato soup and I'd make him my chicken and rice. Neither one of those were in a cookbook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom