Cooking with spice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoyWithSpoon

Assistant Cook
hello everyone,
some of you may recognize me. I'm new to the cooking scene and am trying to improve my skills (which, btw, I believe are improving :chef: ).

anyways, I've noticed that my foods never quite hit that lip-smacking quality that one hopes for. :-p

so, I've been using somes spices, but I really have no idea what I'm doing. I was wondering if anyone had a list/chart which explains major spices (and herbs) -- what they taste like, what they're usually used for, etc..

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
BoyWithSpoon

Hiya BWS,

I am just leaving to go to the gym and unfortunately don't have the time for a elaborated explanation, for now start with this page... hopefully you will find lots of info to help you... I will get back to you later or tomorrow, but I am sure some others will give you a lot more helpful tips by then...

I find that recipes often don't use as much flavoring as I like, and with experience I've come to know when I want more of some herbs and other flavorings. Also, using the correct amount of salt is important. It can be use to accentuate and balance other flavors without tasting "salty" if used correctly. When making a dish which you can taste during preparation, do so, and do it often. That is really the best way to know if it's right for you.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom