Does Gin Have Carbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't want to burst anyones bubble here.

Although hard alcohol may not have carbs it requires your body to burn it differently than carbs. Alcohol contains 7 calories per gram. [Carbs are 4 calories per gram. Fat contains 9 calories per gram]

The body also will process the alcohol FIRST before any food. Most people drink enough calories for a meal in one or two drinks. This leaves most of the food intaken to be stored as fat.

Last edited:
Lady C said:
I don't want to burst anyones bubble here.

Although hard alcohol may not have carbs it requires your body to burn it differently than carbs. Alcohol contains 7 calories per gram. [Carbs are 4 calories per gram. Fat contains 9 calories per gram]

The body also will process the alcohol FIRST before any food. Most people drink enough calories for a meal in one or two drinks. This leaves most of the food intaken to be stored as fat.

Further, alcohol reportedly hampers fat burning (if that's something you're making an effort to do). Basically, your body ends up putting all of its effort into processing the alcohol and so everything else just gets stored as fat.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my drinks - I'm just sayin...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom