Signing In with a wave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merryomac

Assistant Cook
:clap:
Hi everyone. Been here for a while just reading and learning. What a friendly bunch of people. You're all so supportive and neighborly. One thread I was reading was really funny. Several members really teased (lovingly) one member. It was all in good humor and good sport. :LOL:

Since I know so little about cooking, recipes and appliances, I think I'll just soak up some of the wisdom floating around here. And, who knows, maybe I'll just have a bright idea of my own! :idea:

Thanks for having me!

Hi Merry,
Welcome to DC..This is a lively, fun place to visit. You will find lots of recipes, ideas, and wondeful friends.

kadesma

Thank you jkath, pdswife, kadesma, dove, andy, cara! What a lovely welcome.

Jkath - what an interesting question. I don't know that I've ever really pondered that. The first thing that comes to mind is CHOCOLATEANYTHING. Can we consider that a food? My mom and I were just talking about this last night. It started out that I told her what a good cook my daughter turned out to be but she didn't really fall into my footsteps. She searches the internet and cooking channels all the time and creates wonderful dishes I would never think to attempt. Then we talked about my sister who has taken our "old family recipes" twisted them around, added, subracted, and changed them so that we don't even recognize them any more. At the end of the conversation we both agreed we like our old-time favorites cooked/baked just the way we've always been used to.

Dove - the avitar you have looks just like my granddog. My daughter has a long-haired chihuahua named Jerry. While we're on the subject my son has a beagle and cocker spaniel, and I have a Lab/Rottweiler/Chow. Our family get togethers always involve lots of food and all the dogs. The range from 8 lbs. to 98 lbs. That's 6 adults, 1 toddler, 4 dogs, and tons of fun!

Back
Top Bottom