Orange Cake Dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karen21

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I'm looking for a recipe that consists of a cake bottom, not sure if it was a white cake mix with orange jello poured over it, or an orange cake mix. It was covered with a layer of whipped cream or cool whip, a layer of mandarin oranges and sprinkled with chocolate. Do anyone have a recipe similar to this they wouldn't mind sharing. It was delicious.

Thanks

yessss I have it.. hmm wonder if it is one I brought to Canada.. lemme go check.. brb

This is delicious!!! I think the first version was actually made with all regular jello and.. regular pudding.. and grated chocolate on top, instead of the almonds.. BUT trust me you don't need all of that. You can NOT tell its all sugar free stuff. Lemme know what you think! :chef:

enjoy!!!

1 pkg 16 oz Angel Food Cake Mix
1 pkg 3 oz sugar free orange gelatin
3/4 boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups cold fat free milk
1 pkg sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp orange extract
1 carton 8 oz reduced fat cool whip - thawed
1 small navel orange or can of mandarin oranges
1/2 cup sliced almonds - toasted

prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using an ungreased 10 in tube pan. Immediately invert tube pan cool completely.
In small bowl. dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in Cold water, set aside.... Cut cake into 2 inch slices; arrange cake slices in an ungreased 13x9 inch dish. with a meat fork, poke holes about 2 inches apart into the cake. Slowly pour gelatin over cake. Refrigerate.
In a bowl. whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in extract Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Fold in Whipped topping ( cool whip) spread over cake. Garnish with orange slices and almonds. Cover. Refrigerate until serving.

It sounds like one of those poke cakes. I've seen several recipes, but don't remember an orange one. If that is what it is the cake is baked usually in a 9 x 13 pan or dish. When cake is done, holes are punched with a wooden spoon and the jello, or other mixture poured over and chilled, then whipped topping is put on top. I've never had a flavor that wasn't delicious, so I know the orange one would be too.

Hello Debbie,
That sounds delicious, will definitely give it a try and let you know if it is similar to what I had.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom