ski to sea race

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Every Memorial Day weekend, Bellingham hosts the Ski to Sea Race. It is made of a team of 8 people and 7 events composed of Cross Country skiing (who passes the baton to) Downhill skiing - Running - Road Bike - Canoe (2 people in the canoe) - Mountain Bike - Kayak
It's a pretty famous race and people from all over come to be in it. The race begins at the top of Mt. Baker and ends in the bay in Bellingham. The race is 82.5 miles long. There is all the details at this link, including a map of the race and results of today's race.
http://www.skitosea.com/

My husband was in it for the first time this year, competing on the Fire Dept team. He did the mountain bike section and he was second in his division mountain bike time. Meaning, there was only one other person who raced his section faster than he did even though his team was in 36th place overall (out of 400 racers). Does that make sense? Though, on the website they have his name listed as the guy who did the race last year. The Fire Dept got 2nd in the corporate division. Go team!

Last edited:
That's cool, cora. I grew up in Kelowna, BC (you may have heard of it...maybe) and we always had a big ski to sea race from Big White down to, and across, the lake. I was always too fat to even think about it and now I don't live at home anymore, so I guess it's out of the question.

It sounds like a great time, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom