Grampy Andy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I found out over the weekend that my eldest is pregnant. I'm going to be a grandfather!

They live about 25-30 minutes away from me. I can't wait until I have the opportunity to teach the kid to cook and spit and scratch and swear! ...and if it's a boy, there will be even more!

I haven't been completely deprived up to now because Suzanne, my S. O. has four grandchildren and they've adopted me as one of their grandfathers.

I am really looking forward to this!

CONGRATS Andy!!! That is great news. I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait to hear the updates as you get them.

What truly wonderful news Andy! I am so happy for your family, that is such a special announcement.

img_274995_0_ccef6be1df1179d1ea33b27d05e80c93.gif

Congratulations Andy!! We are all as thrilled as you are!! You will be a wonderful grandpa I am sure of it!! :) :) :)

Oh nooooo your poor daughter, I can see it now...grampa spitting, then little one spitting, grampa eating beans and .... then little one .... (guess what I am politely saying?) :) LOL just teasing, congratulations.

I am sure you will have many valuable things to teach your new grandbaby than tooting. :) There is nothing absolutely NOTHING better than seeing a child with magic in his/her eyes on the holidays or when they do something special. :)

Every other year, Suzanne's grandchildren come up from Florida for the Christmas holiday. The years they are here are Christmases we look forward to. The in between years are kind of flat.

There's nothing like having little ones around.

Andy,
what wonderful news. You are going to have the time of your life. Congratulations..Can't wait to hear more:)

kadesma

Maybe we can start a new contest, like Name that Babe? I bet we could come up with some dandy names. :)

I already suggested Andrew Charles (that's me) and Andrea Charlene (feminine version of the name). I've been informed neither are in the running. (thankfully)

I'm not even sure "Grampy Andy" will stick. That's the name my "adopted" grandchildren gave me.

Andy M. said:
I already suggested Andrew Charles (that's me) and Andrea Charlene (feminine version of the name). I've been informed neither are in the running. (thankfully)

I'm not even sure "Grampy Andy" will stick. That's the name my "adopted" grandchildren gave me.
Andy,
When I had my first son, when he started talking, he could not say grandpa, so my father became Bompa, to this day all four kids and even little Cade still say Bompa when talking about him. Cade would not say or call me gamma, I became Ma:LOL: my DH is Pa now Ethan, and Carson call us Ma and Pa, we feel like ma and pa kettle :ROFLMAO: but we love it. So you see, you can choose a name but the kid is gonna name you himself:LOL:

kadesma

My point exactly. It really doesn't matter what they call me (within reason) as long as they call me.

Congratulations, Andy. Teach little sweetie pie how to cook like you do, too, OK?

I agree with kadesma about the kid naming you. My daughter calls my MIL Hi-Mom, as we all do now.

She overheard us talking to her on the phone every Saturday morning when she was little ("Hi, mom"), so that's what she thought her name was.

mudbug said:
Congratulations, Andy. Teach little sweetie pie how to cook like you do, too, OK?...

I hope to, mudbug.

My daughter won't be teaching much. She doesn't care to cook at all. I saw a sign in a card shop that fits her: "The only reason my home has a kitchen, is because it was there when I bought it."

Back
Top Bottom