Birthday Cake Ideas????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
This weekend my stepdaughter turns 10, going on 16.....And I told her she could make the cake for our family birthday party. She has made ONE cake (with me doing the mixing) so far..it should be a pretty sight!:rolleyes:

Anywho...

I bought two cake mixes (yes, I know..bad mom, but oh well). I'm trying to decide how to make these. She wants to make the layer cake herself **GASP** or possibly a 9 x 13.

Other than cupcakes, what other options do we have for the other cake? I only have two fun shape pans and I don't decorate cakes....

One is milk chocolate and the other is "funfetti" flavored (white with colored sprinkly things).

Oh, yeah...the frosting part will be beautiful. Last time she did quite a "bank up" job with the frosting!:wacko:

If you have a bundt pan you can use that and make something shaped like a 10. I'm not very creative, but maybe someone else will come up with something soon. :) Good luck!

I have a checkerboard cake set (it includes the cake pans). It makes three layers of cake using two packages of cake mix, one light and one dark. If you follow the directions correctly, when you cut a piece of cake there is a checked pattern, light and dark. Everyone is always amazed and they want to know how you managed to get the checker pattern. It is really very simple -- just follow the directions-- and it would be a great learning experience for a 10 year old (reading and following directions).The cake set is easy to find in any store that carries pots and pans -- even some hardware stores carry it. Try Target, K-Mart, Ace, or if you have the time, online. Otherwise, go with the flat cake (13"X9"). Let her decorate it anyway she wants. The most important thing is to have fun and give lots of positive comments.

I don't know how many friends she has coming over but this is a fun idea to try. Fill ice cream cones with cake mix (about 2/3 full) and bake ahead of time and let cool-- on the table have one or several different flavors of icing available and several types of toppings ( assorted sprinkles, gummi bears, etc.) and let each of the birthday celebrants decorate their own cone. Then top each with a candle and they can each "salud" the birthday girl. Ten years old can certainly handle this activity AND help you clean up as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom