Snack before bedtime??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, juliev. ya caught me. i'm half norwegian. guess that's where the herring thing comes from. that and my giant square forehead...

Juliev said:
My grandma makes something similiar that she calls Swedish Cake with cream cheese frosting.
Do you have the recipe Juliev? And if you do, would you share? It sounds good. BTW, I am half Swedish too. :)

:) Barbara

Here ya go Barbara. I had to look for my swedish cookbook, thought I lost it.. it was in the back of my other cookbook collection, in the pantry... Phew!

SWEDISH CAKE:
2 cup white sugar
2 whole eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour (self rising)
1/2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple (undrained)

Mix sugar, eggs, pineapple. Add flour, soda, vanilla, salt, nuts (pour in 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Frost while warm.

FROSTING FOR SWEDISH CAKE:
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp vanilla

Mix softened cream cheese, vanilla, butter, and sugar. Add nuts. Better when sets 1 or 2 days.

SWEDISH APPLE CAKE:
3 eggs
2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup oil
3 1/2 cup apples, diced
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
3 cup flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

FROSTING:
2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together first 6 ingredients. Add flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour in 9 x 13 inch pan.

FROSTING: Cook flour and milk until thick. Set aside to cool. Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add flour mixture and beat until smooth.

I had a banana popsicle for my snack.. lol

btw Barbara.. my grandma's name is Barbara, and her last name starts with L.... weird.. lol

Juliev,

Thank you for the recipes. They sound great!

That is interesting about your grandma's name. Barbara comes from the word Barbarian and means "Mysterious stranger from a faraway land." ;)

Slice of very cold watermelon. A little bit of cottage cheese with crushed pinapple on top.

Nerds stuck to a gummy candy rope!!! mmmmmmmmmm

n1.jpg

I opened one just now to show you... gah... now I'll just have to eat it!!!

n2.jpg

The sacrifices I make!!
hehehehe

spryte said:
not to be bratty... but it really was good! *giggle*
This is off topic, but you reminded me of something that happened at school the other day. We have a school store where the kids can buy school supplies, and for 15 minutes a day (as an incentive for kids who behave) they can buy candy. Well, I've talked to my kids about this quite a bit. This one boy was really misbehaving, so when he asked if he could go to the school store, I told him no. Then he tried sneaking money to another boy to buy him something, and I put an end to that. Well, on the way back to class (we had been at lunch), he snuck into the school store and bought a pack of Skittles. I know some of you will think I was mean, but since we had gone over this ad nauseum, and he knew the rules (and is old enough to understand), I took the candy, and I ate it right in front of everyone. My mom had a saying, "A lesson bought is a lesson taught." I have a feeling he isn't going to try that again!

masteraznchefjr said:
wut grade do you teache?

Barbara does 4th grade Language Arts and Social Studies. I hope you don't care if I speak for you Barbara. Please don't beat me again :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom