Awesome Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff

Assistant Cook
These can be used as a main dish, or if you get small buns, an appetizer. They are always a big hit at parties, and are very easy to make.

Ham and Cheese Sandwhiches

1/2 lb. swiss cheese
1 lb. ham, shredded
1 t. poppy seeds
1 stick butter
1 T. grated onion
1 T. mustard

Mix together everything except for ham and cheese. Spread on bread ends or rolls. Then add ham and cheese. Close buns and cover with aluminum foil and put on cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 15 min.

I have everything but the poppy seeds... maybe we'll have these instead of burgers tonight. They sound good. Thanks!

Puff;
The poppy seeds in your sandwich is an amazing idea. I have a unique ability to taste/feel flavors and textures in my mind, allowing me to test something in my head before putting it together from actual ingredients. And I have to say that the sensations I am imagining are great with this combination of ingredients. My only problem will be finding really good swiss cheese, and poppy seeds. But I will find them and try this recipe.

And, FYI, there is a thread called Unique and Great Sandwiches, where members have been putting their favorites for some time. I think you will find sandwich ideas there that you haven't seen before, and maybe get inspiration for some new ones that you can create. This recipe would be a natural addition to that thread.

I'm thinking of copying everything from it and paasting it into a MS Word document for my own records.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I found no flavor in poppy seeds. I'll eat them anyhow. I'd rather add some black ripe olives in my sandwiches anytime...some melted colby/jack cheese, buttered and toasted sourdough bread, salami, ham, lettuce, tomato and mayo is more like my kind of sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom