Irritating Food-Related TV Commercials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
So which food-related or restaurant-related commercials bug you the most?

For whatever reason, the new commercial advertising Wishbone's new "spray" salad dressings is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Anyone else have food-related commercials that make them want to hit the mute button?:rolleyes:

Oh yes - how could I have forgotten that one. Talk about something you would only expect to see in bad dreams - lol!!!

Ya, like the one that has him peeking in the window.
img_276148_0_71f4451089707fd8f890b9c6991a2afb.gif

I find all of Carl's Jr. commercials offensive. They don't make me want to eat at a restaurant where the food will drip all over my clothes or where slobs eat. I don't equate messy inconsiderate customers with good food.

I noticed tonight that FoodTV runs a quick commercial during the show in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Tonight it was an ad for a knife telling you to buy now on FoodTV!

You only get 22 minutes of show in a 30 minute slot as it is, now they're advertising during the show!

I hate those Burger King commercials too. Oh and now Denny's has a commercial with people staring at one of the breakfast plate's like it's the best food on Earth.

Mrs. Big Dog and I aren't fond of the Wheat Thins commercial with the animated weird looking lady diving into a pool that looks like a box of Wheat Thins.

Like the cracker though, just not the commercial.

i can't stand the commercial for some chain restaurant where they're having a "bbq meat-fest".
each of 4 guys around a table grunt out the type of meat they ordered, like "beef", "pork" etc., then the 4th guys sings out "vegetable medley", and then gets embarassed, so he grunts out some other kind of meat.
i hate commercials that make guys look like idiots. we do a good enough job of it by ourselves, we don't need, and don't appreciate being reminded of it.

Last edited:
buckytom said:
i can't stand the commercial for some chain restaurant where they're having a "bbq meat-fest".
each of 4 guys around a table grunt out the type of meat they ordered, like "beef", "pork" etc., then the 4th guys sings out "vegetable medley", and then gets embarassed, so he grunts out some other kind of meat.
i hate commercials that make guys look like idiots. we do a good enough job of it by ourselves, we don't need, and don't appreciate being reminded of it.

Saaaauuuusaage!!:LOL: I'm sorry, but, I love that commercial. Not because it's guys, but, because of the lady that does it and then they say it back to her. I can just imagine how many time the wait staff get to here this on a daily basis.

Here on the East Coast, there was this Johnson And Whales commercial, it was a like 19yr old kid at a table, in a toque, and these hot chicks all swooning over him, all saying"ohhhhh you're a chefffffff"...couldn't stand that commercial,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And that burger King guy, he freaks me out, like clowns do.

BigDog - I 2nd the animated diving woman in the Wheat Thins commercial as annoying. Again, I don't know why.

Boy, this kind of thing would make some sort of interesting psychological profile/marketing experiment, wouldn't it? Lol!!

I know that it's not a food, well, for some people it is LOL
I HATE the Budweiser commercials where the guy has to withstand listening to his girlfriend talk girl talk and all the others like it.

Like most of you, I can't stand the Burger King "king." He just seems so sleazy.

Another one I can't stand is the "Soquids" one for Wendy's. I HATE that one!

:) Barbara

I don't know which TV commercials get to all of you, in your respective necks of the woods, but there's one running currently for those "Hot Pockets" microwaveable things.

They've got the actors saying "this bread came out of the microwave? Get outta town, this is SO GOOD..." (also: "it tastes fresh-baked!")

What kind of idiot do they take me for? (no need to answer that, folks) :ermm:

If I want meatballs on fresh bread, I will take some meatballs, and put them on fresh bread.

Geez, that makes me nuts! :wacko:

There, I feel better now.

--J

Okay, I just saw what has to be the most disturbing food-related commercial yet. From the diet folks - "Nutrisystem".

It starts with this woman raving about how she's now a Size 2, & continues on with her joyously exclaiming that before she became a Size 2 she was ashamed of herself, particularly when she had to wear a bathing suit.

Now I ask you - how disgusting & absolutely denigrating is this commercial?? Not to mention positively harmful to people with eating disorders who really think this is the way they should look & feel.

I have to say that if I'm ever in my lifetime a Size 2, it will because I'm in the hospital dying from a terminal illness.

SHAME ON YOU NUTRISYSTEM!!!!!!!!

I knew my choice when I read the thread title but waited because it may not be "strictly" food related. Now that the evelope's been pushed a little, my vote for the most annoying, the worst jingle and absolutely the poorest taste advertising goes to the current Pepto-Bismol campaign.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom