Frog legs and Kanga burgers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Time to try something new.
I just picked up some frog legs and some kanga burgers.

Any hints on how I should cook them?

My son (Mr. Picky) requested the kangaroo meat for his birthday dinner!!)

TIA

hugs, Trish:)

Hopefully someone will have some good recipes for you soon. Interesting that for your "something new" you chose two things that hop! LOL

:) Barbara

No recipes, but I did eat it when we had an Australian Chef visiting us one time. It was ok; I wouldn't go out of my way to order it at a restaurant or buy it to cook with.

Attachments

• kangaroo.jpg
    kangaroo.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 260
ahhh too late it's in my freezer IC.
I'll have to at least try it.

While I've never had Kanga Burgers, I have had both rabbit & frogs legs, & have made frogs legs at home.

The traditional method of preparation, & my favorite, is to simply dredge them in seasoned flour & saute them in extra-virgin olive oil. Then remove from the pan & keep warm while you add some chopped garlic, chopped flat-leaf parsley, juice from half a lemon, & a splash of dry white wine to taste to the pan; heat thru & pour over the legs. Sort of like a "scampi-style" preparation. I like to serve this with a rice pilaf to absorb some of that nice sauce.

There are lots of good recipes online for rabbit, & it can also be used in nearly any chicken recipe as well. I prefer it in stews & braises myself, since - to me at least - it's leaner than chicken & lends itself well to dishes like that. Traditional dishes like Hunter's Chicken, Chicken Marengo, Fricassees, etc., all work well with rabbit.

Back
Top Bottom