Muoseberry Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timeloyd

Washing Up
Carbondale, Ill. U.S.A. Earth / ZZ 9 Plural Z A
Muoseberry is pronounced Moose Berry. Mu comes from Mulberry and oseberry comes from Gooseberry. There is 1 Cup of Mulberrys and 3 Cups of Gooseberrys in the Pie as indicated by the name ~ Muoseberry. It also is a dedication to the Mooseberry Bush searched for by Rocky, Bulwinkle, The Spacemen and Boris as Mooseberries made you weightles. The Muoseberry Pie won't make you weightless unless the Mulberrys fermented before use. Then you will sure feel weightless.
You can't get Mulberrys in Grocery Stores. Still it's fun putting a sheet out and shaking them out of the Mulberry tree, and collecting them in Kool Ade containers because they don't spill much.
I had collected arround 1 Cup of Mulberries and then came across the Gooseberrys at the Farmers Market prepairing for the Galactic Picnic June 4th. I thought Sweet and Sour berries and then made this

MUOSEBERRY PIE RECIPE

In a Bowl put 3 - 4 Cups Flour, and A Dash of Salt.
Mix and Remove 1/3 of the mixture.Put 1/2 Cup Peanut Oil into the Flour in the Bowl to make it kinda nutty. Not what you took out of it. We will get to that later.
Return what you took out of it ~ Yes we got to it. Stirring Clockwise for Positive Energy.
Mix up real good and Stir in 1/3 Cup of Water. Your pun here.
In another Bowl not letting it get bowled over ~ Combine together ~ 2 Cups Sugar, 1/2 Cup Flour and A Dash Of Salt. Stirring clockwise to mix in Positive Energy Mix everything Together and then Seperate into 2 parts about 1 Cup each. Set it aside to rest.
Stem the Gooseberrys by pulling and snapping off the Stems. HMMmm. What can you do with them? You can rinse the Gooseberies lightly if you want.
Put 2 Cups of stemed Gooseberrys in the Pie Crust in the oiled Pie Pan.. I use Peanut Oil to make it nutty like I feel. ;^{) That is Phantastin.
Spread Half of the Sugar, Flour, Salt Mixture over the Gooseberries.
On Top of the Mixture put 1 Cup Mulberries, and 2 Cups stemmed Goose berries evenly.
Put the Rest of the Sugar, Flour, Salt Mixture On top of the Berries.
Useing a Spoon gently Pour evenly Over the Pie 4 Tablespoons Of Butter.
Let set to rest abit meditating to go into itself until it goes in the Oven.
Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
Lightly flour a table, counter top, or similar with 1 or 2 hands full of flour spreading so is wider then the Pie Pan.. Put the remaining Crust mixture on the floured table and using fingers, a Rolling Pin, or a round Sealed Jar of Ice Water roll the flour across the table until it is about 1 inch bigger then the Pie Pan.
Gently Pour 4 Tablespoons of Melted Butter over the Filling in the Pie Pan.
Cut the crust end section about 2 inches and put it on the end where you are starting the Pie. Press down onto edge of the Pie Pan. Now useing a long knife cut a long 2 inch strip of dough. Slide the knife under the strip and holding lift each strip and slide it next to the one on the Pie. Make another 2 inch stip put it next to the other strip on the Muoseberry Pie. Continue putting strips even if they do not hold together when lifting on top of the pie. It's like doing a Jig Saw Puzzle.
When done Press the Edges down and press in from the side creating a ridge.. Put the Muoseberry Pie into the Oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Take out a tad and useing a brush used for nothing else Spread 1 Cup Melted Butter all Over the edges and top crust of the Muoseberry Pie.
Slide it back in the Oven for 15 Minutes longer. Check and if the crust is Golden remove. If not estimate time and leave it in the Oven a bit longer til Golden. Remove and let it Cool Off. You can cool off too. Then put it in refrigerator to be real cool. Share and Enjoy.
Has anyone seen Rocky And Bullwinkle? I have a Muosaeberry Pie.

It's been a long time since I saw Rocky and Bullwinkle, Timeloyd, but I sure they would love your Moose Berry pie. It sounds delicous.
I would like mine "al la mode", please.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom