TNT - Broccoli and Anchovy Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haggis

Sous Chef
Whipped this up for dinner tonight. It's a fantastic, quick meal that requires only one fresh ingredient (or not even that if you have frozen broccoli) so it's a great pantry staple meal.

Broccoli and Anchovy Pasta

2 large heads of broccoli
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
8 anchovy fillets in oil, roughly chopped
2-4 small dried red chillies, crumbled, to taste
80g unsalted butter
500g orrechiette pasta (I used farfalle, and cut the broccoli florets a little larger to suit the larger shape of the farfalle)
2 good handfuls grated parmesan

Cut the heads of broccoli into small florets. Trim the stalks and cut off any hard and woody bits, then finely chop the stalks. Melt half of the butter in a pan and add the garlic, anchovies, chillis and chopped stalks. Cover and cook slowly over a low-medium heat, stirring every once and a while while the pasta cooks (about 8-10 minutes, dried pasta normally takes about that long), until the stalks just soften up.

Cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water (get the pasta on the go, and cook the stalks/anchovies and the rest at the same time). Pop in the broccoli florets for the last 2-3 minutes of the pastas cooking time. Drain the pasta and broccoli (I like to take a cupful of the cooking liquid everytime I drain pasta). Then either add the pasta and broccoli to the cooked stalk mixture or do it the other way round (depends on what kind of pans you used, easier to do the mixing in the bigger pan or pot). Either way remove the pan from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper, the remaining butter and a handful of the parmesan. Mix thoroughly, using a little of the reserved pasta water if it needs to be loosened up.

Serve, sprinkled with leftover parmesan.

Serves 4.

Enjoy.

I think I've made something like that.
Only with sun dried tomatoes too, and anchovy paste instead of anchovies.

It was yummy.

Back
Top Bottom