Double chocolate cranberry crispy bars (tnt)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I had to bake for a neighborhood block party this past weekend but it was too hot to turn the oven on. I decided to make Rice Crispy Treats but wanted something a little different than the standard (although they're always good too!). I came up with this recipe (the tart cranberries play off the sweet chocolates and marshmallows nicely):

Double Chocolate Cranberry Crispy Bars

Cooking spray
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 (8-ounce) package miniature marshmallows (about 5 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 cups oven-toasted rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
1 cup dried cranberries

White chocolate chips

Toss together rice cereal, chocolate chips, and cranberries, set aside.

Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in marshmallows; cook 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Stir in reserved chips, cereal, and cranberries. Scrape mixture into prepared dish using a rubber spatula. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; press cereal mixture evenly into prepared dish. Cool completely.

Melt white chocolate and drizzle in desired pattern over bars. Allow to set. Cut into squares or triangles.

Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 bar)

Mmm.
That sounds like something to try.
I have a gigantic bags of Craisins and chocolate chips in the cellar beckoning for me. All I need to do is get the rice krispies and marshamallows, and some time, and I'm trying those.

I've always wondered if it would work with cheerios, but you'd probably chip a tooth because they aren't airy or light enough probably.

Back
Top Bottom