Cooking brats in the oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
Cooking bratwurst in the oven

Does anyone know of a recipe for cooking bratwurst in the oven? I have seen the recipe somewhere and now I can't find it. Thanks for any help. JoAnn L.

Last edited:
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaa. Now, I KNOW that children can be a pain, but that doesn't mean you can put them in an oven... :)

Ishbel said:
Not at all! I'm merely questioning whether ANY child should be put in an oven:chef:
LOL! This is the kind of brat (sounds like brot) they mean, Ishbel:

jbrat.png

Caine said:
For some reason, this question made me think of Hansel & Gretel.

My thought, too, Caine. :LOL:

JoAnn, I would lay them out on a foil covered baking sheet along with some thinly sliced onions and peppers, maybe even a few potatoes. Toss all with olive oil, season vegies with salt and pepper, and roast at about 375 degrees until tender, turning about halfway through.

My husband often cooks them in a skillet, along with the onions and peppers, and that's very good too. Once they are nicely browned, he dumps in part of a beer, puts on a lid, and let's it all steam a few minutes. Yum!

Last edited:
I hate to do this, but it does give new meaning to the dish Tater Tots.

You guys are great. I never gave it a thought about the spelling. I will have to be more careful. The right spelling of course is Bratwurst. Thanks for a good laugh. JoAnn L.

MJ, we must have posted at the same time. :)

That was one ugly old grille. :LOL:

Last edited:
Oh, dear. I think I know a few who should spend some time in the oven! Around here everyone calls them brats and spells it that way, but when they refer to children it is pronounced differently.

MJ said:
Yep, and thanks for that recipe link! My mouth is watering over that Reuben Brat recipe...:cool:

You're welcome, MJ. YUM! Reuben Brats. :)

JoAnne, I've never made brats in the oven. Instead, I cook them on an indoor grille -- the beer/cheese flavor brats with potatoes O'Brien (or hash browns), onions, green peppers and some worcestershire sauce. Add some shredded cheddar, close the lid till the cheese melts, put the brats, onions, peppers on a bun, with mustard and extra shredded cheddar and the hash browns on the side with ketchup. Mmmmmm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom