Hey folks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KellyM

Senior Cook
Well, first off, not to sound unfriendly, but I am only posting this so the danged message telling me to do so will go away. (I hope.) You'll all get to know me soon enough through my posts in the forums.

Anyhoo, as long as I'm at it, I'll tell you a bit about myself. I am not (nor do I wish to be) a professional chef. Way too much work. (However, if anyone asked me to be their personal chef, and offered me way too much money to do so, I'd have to give it some serious thought. I cook well enough that I could pull it off.)

So, you can think of me as being in the hobbyist cook category for now. I'll let you know if this changes.

I've been studying cooking on my own for many years now, and in fact have gotten to the point where I at least have enough hubris to think I have something to say that is worth listening to. Therefore I am now in the midst of writing a book about cooking. It is not a "cookbook" per se; the main thrust is not recipes, rather it is a book about cooking. How to organize your kitchen, what tools you might need, how to read a recipe, and so on.

I'll warn you up front, I am quite opinionated, and sure in those opinions. I learned almost nothing from my mother regarding cooking; almost everything I know I learned on my own through careful study and the application of logic. So, for instance, don't tell me I need to wash poultry before cooking it. An absurd concept!

However, I am always willing to learn, and in fact this is why I am here, as well as to do research for my book. So if you disagree with me, give me your best shot; I can take it, and will be grateful if you are right, because I will have learned something.

So, nice to meet you all, and let the games begin!

Kelly

P.S.

Oh, and by the way, despite the name which is almost always immediately taken as feminine these days, I'm male.

K.M.

Welcome to DC, KellyM. Opinionated is just fine as long as it is within the bounds of not being disrespectful or hurtful to anyone. :)
You'll like it here. There are many that have the experience in cooking that you do and more. We have several professional cooks too.
Everyone is always willing to learn and teach here. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Kelly, what kind of music do you like to play? Last weekend we had our 4th annual BBQ party and our son along with two friends provided the music. It was great food and great music.

Hi Kelly,
I'm across the lake from you.. it's nice to see people from our area joining.

Enjoy the sun today... the rain may return tomorrow.

smiles, Pds

Welcome Kelly M, I too call Seattle home. I live at the north end of the lake in LFP. I have learned much here and hope you not only learn what you want but also enjoy it. I too have been known to have one or two stong opinions.

Hi Kelly!
7.gif

Welcome to our community.:)

img_280501_0_0a38def79341fdf7e7f1e9d2c7ae03d2.gif

To DC, Kelly!

(While Kelly has faded out somewhat in popularity as a boy's name in North America, while living abroad in Europe I encountered several guys with the same name :))

BBQBob said:
Kelly, what kind of music do you like to play? Last weekend we had our 4th annual BBQ party and our son along with two friends provided the music. It was great food and great music.

Hey Bob,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I play 20th century dance music. Pretty much all styles of actual music, under which definition rap does not qualify. Also, be-bop jazz is not dance music. Other than that, pretty much everything. And yes, I've certainly played Strauss waltzes as well. That's dance music too, although not from the 20th century.

Kelly

Piccolina said:
img_281132_0_0a38def79341fdf7e7f1e9d2c7ae03d2.gif

To DC, Kelly!

(While Kelly has faded out somewhat in popularity as a boy's name in North America, while living abroad in Europe I encountered several guys with the same name :))

Thanks for that. Kelly is a masculine name, as is Sascha. Unfortunately, both have been usurped (and misspelled) by parents who apparently wanted to give their daughters masculine names, or who really wanted to have a boy, decided on a name, and when they had a girl instead had insufficient resources or imagination to change the name they had chosen.

When I was young, there was not much difference between Kelly and Joe, as far as masculinity went; now I feel like a boy named Sue.

So, to any out there who might wonder, I'm male, hetero, and at least fairly normal.

Kelly

pdswife said:
Hi Kelly,
I'm across the lake from you.. it's nice to see people from our area joining.

Enjoy the sun today... the rain may return tomorrow.

smiles, Pds

So what Issaquah? Ha Ha. Actually, I've played the "Salmon Days" a couple of times, and quite enjoyed it. Thanks for the welcome.

Kelly

Glad to have you here Kelly - Your book sounds very interesting - I can see a need for something along that order too. Is it close to being a fact?

Back
Top Bottom