Man eats 47 cheese sandwiches in 10 min.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Banana Brain said:
So he was pretty much eating himself another pound of body fat per minute?

He is a professional eater baby, he can take it!!!

I saw him on the news the other night... he wouldnt hurt to have another 2-3 lbs! ;-D

cam
(who would kill to have his metabolism... but not his "culinary" talent)

That, if my calculator is correct, comes to one cheese sandwich in slightly less than 13 seconds.

Did some Googling and found out there is a tour where people competetively eat not only grilled cheese sandwiches (which they apparently dip in water) and hot dogs, but many other foods.

Seems there is a hundred pound woman, a star on the circuit, who ate 44 Maine lobsters in 12 minutes. Don't ask me how they are supposed to do it, is the thing already shelled or what?

Anyway I think I have learned all I want to know about this subject.

Take care.

I have seen that small asian woman in action and she is amazing. But it makes you pretty sick to watch ....:sick:

You have to dip bread/buns in water or you can't swallow it. That's an old bar room trick (make a bet that someone can eat 2 pieces of white bread in a minute with no water .... it's hard to do!)

Andy M. said:
I find competitive eating to be obnoxious. I cannot consider it a sport or even watch it.
I have to say that I lean towards the same opinion too Andy, for many reasons. But to each their own, and in this case I'd venture to say their own stomach ache!

I had a stomach surgery a few years ago and just the idea about eating that much makes me sick:sick: I have a hard time just to finish my meal in 1/2 h :LOL: No wonder how will I feel if I eat 47 sandwiches in 10 min!! :alien:

yea.... i'd rather have a HALF of a really well made, tasty __________(fill in the blank) than 47 anythings.

oh, you meant, other than eating LOL heeheehee...

I think eating contests can be humorous and enjoyable in moderation, i.e. a pie eating contest. Not for the number of pies in a time frame, but for being first to complete the pie in the shortest time. Eating for quantity of food consumed is flat out gluttony, and repulsive. I'll challange myself on rare occassion to consume a much larger portion then normal of something I really like, but it is on a very rare occassion. Typically that happens on Thanksgiving and Christmas, and maybe a steakhouse or two in the course of a year. Oh, and when Mrs. Big Dog makes her Creamy Curried Chicken, there ain't ever any leftovers unless I am purposely behaving!

Bottom line, I think gluttony can kill. Eating cheese sandwiches over time won't likely kill you, but eating 47 in 10 minutes has a pretty good chance of doing so IMHO. Same goes for hot dogs and whatever else people try to consume mass quantities of with brevity. I know I don't always feel that great after I've pushed myself into eating too much, I can't imagine what that would feel like! I've never pushed that far!

Back
Top Bottom