Oiiiiiiiiiiiiilers!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I'm not much of a hockey fan, but this series is pretty exciting. The whole city is just buzzing. I haven't seen the place jazzed like this since the Glory days with Gretzky and crew winning the cup.

Goooooooooooooooo Oilers!!

They've not been given much of a chance at this point, but by listening to your local radio (via the net on CISN) I can hear how much it means to folks there.

Holy cow. Can you tune in CHED there? Its the "voice of the Oilers". It was pretty funny at my daughter's ball game tonight. Folks were listening to the hockey game and cheering at weird times in the baseball game, but EVERYONE knew what was going on.

Its pretty cool around here. I just wish folks would smarten up and not trash Whyte Avenue after every game. Bunch of idiots.

CHED is the talk radio station here. They broadcast all the Oilers games. I like CISN too. Ken works in radio here though so I try to remain loyal to those stations.

Oh, okay... I looked into it and I could listen to CHED here.

Here is the website I use to look for various genres/stations.

Checkers? Who are they?

Anyway, I should head off to bed now. I was just messing around since Ken was out. See y'all in the morning!

Thanks.... I'm listening now and will check the playlist. My local stations (two) play the same top-20 stuff. It's great to hear the Canadian artists AND some different US stuff.

I tried to find you a link to Big Earl 96.3 (CKRA) here. Its the new kid on the block country wise. Its really good. I don't know where to find it online though. Sorry Z.

Last edited:
Thanx Alix. I'll see if I can find. They don't all stream on the Internet.

Goodnight.

Talk to you later.

carolmills said:
Just to have some fun......

Go Checkers!! ;-D
I only got to see the Checkers once, and a middle school hockey team could have beat them that night. How are they doing now? I don't have satellite TV right now, and most of the (few) stations I can get are in South Carolina.

:) Barbara
P.S. Alix, the Checkers are in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Alix said:
I tried to find you a link to Big Earl 96.3 (CKRA) here. Its the new kid on the block country wise. Its really good. I don't know where to find it online though. Sorry Z.

Hey Alix... I found the streaming audio here. If that link doesn't work, go through the website I posted earlier. I couldn't find the link on CKRA's home page, but they displayed the link to the streaming on the radio station locator.

Thanx

The Z said:
Thanks.... I'm listening now and will check the playlist. My local stations (two) play the same top-20 stuff. It's great to hear the Canadian artists AND some different US stuff.

If you're into classic country....then CFCW is for you. If you're a fan of the newer stuff, then Earl is your choice. Don't listen to CISN. :)

I kinda like CISN. I have a few saved to my faves. I listen for a while before I decide what I like or what I might be in the mood for at any particular time. I'm a little bit eclectic. I can't say that I 'categorically' like any particular type of music. I know I (currently) prefer country sounds, and rarely like 'classical', but more lean towards contemporary or even alternative. All I know is that HERE, I have two local stations that play the same Top 20 stuff almost all the time. I enjoy listening on the net when I can to things I don't normally hear over the airwaves.

Shed a tear or two for the fine fans in E-Town. There are a lot of hurtin' folks around here today after the Oilers loss in game 7 of the Stanley Cup final. :( Next year boys!
Congratulations to Carolina.

Back
Top Bottom