Dad's Day Are plans for dinner underway? 6/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Are your dad's day dinner plans underway? Our breakfast turned out great, peace and quiet and just the 2 of us. BUT, someone was ill so DH was asked to fill in for them so he is working til 5 today. That gives me a lot more time to make some things he enjoys for dinner.
I have a veggie,egg, onion,garlic,marjoram, cheese torta,mushrooms stuffed with the mushroom stems,parsley,marjoram,thyme,pancetta,salt and pepper,shallots and garlic. when about done I added some balsamic and let that cook out, added currants and pine nuts, In the hollowed out mushrooms I've put small cubes of asiago cheese and will fill with the cooked stuffing later. There is a pork tenderloin and sauteed apples in butter and brown sugar, orzo, with sauteed onions,more mushrooms,garlic,parsley, the eggplant with the evoo,garlic and basil, cold melon with prosciutto,tossed green salad, and warm buttered parmesan bread. I made a chocolate chip ice cream pie, a chocolate pie, and a banana cream pie...
What are you planning? Happy Fathers Day to all of you.

kadesma:)

Dad wants to eat in the fancy dinning room on the boat today. NO cooking for me!!!! I love to cook but this week is going to be a great break from kitchen duties.

Happy Dad's day everyone!!

pdswife said:
Dad wants to eat in the fancy dinning room on the boat today. NO cooking for me!!!! I love to cook but this week is going to be a great break from kitchen duties.

Happy Dad's day everyone!!
As much as I enjoy cooking, a break now and then is wonderful. Have a wonderful time, you lucky girl you. I have to wait til dec. before we go on our cruise...Phooey:LOL:

kadesma

mudbug said:
kadesma, we are having pork tenderloin too. I wanted to use Erik's marinade (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/honey-balsamic-pork-tenderloin-21216.html?highlight=nutmeg+tenderloin), but didn't take the meat out soon enough to thaw, so we will just cook it on the grill. I may think me up a different rub to use.

Making HH's favorite blueberry cobbler for dessert (peach cobbler for me and daughter).

Haven't thought up the sides yet.
Sounds yummy, MB, I've only grilled a tenderloin once, will have to do it again, I really enjoyed it grilled.Maybe I'll do that today, I can still serve it with the sauteed apples after slicing it up..Humm, yep, I think I'll grill:LOL:

kadesma

All dh wants for dinner on this Dad day is broccoli rice casserole and mashed potatoes.:LOL: I'll be throwing in bacon bits, cheese, sour cream & scallions into the mashed potatoes. For dessert, ice cream cake. We got one last night from Cold Stone for my bday but it was soo late when we got home, we just went to bed.:cool:

mudbug said:
kadesma, this one of iron chef's http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/grilled-jamaican-spiced-pork-chops-23584.html looks really good too.

thanks to whoever cleaned up my link above - could you do the same for this one?
It sure does, look good. I made a copy and will try it next time we have pork tenderloin.I had mine already rubbed and wrapped with bacon,I'm thinking of removing the bacon before I grill this beauty, last thing I need is it to go up in bacon grease flames:LOL: Thanks MB

kadesma

Both of my parents have to work today and my brother is in Las Vegas, so we are going to just have a low key dinner. My mom is bringing home pizza on her way home from work. Which is OK by me, nobody has to cook and we get to spend time together. Although Mom and I will be making a green salad to have with the pizza.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!! :)

Kadesma, pork tenderloin on the grill is wonderful. I prefer cooking it on the grill to any other method.

SierraCook said:
Both of my parents have to work today and my brother is in Las Vegas, so we are going to just have a low key dinner. My mom is bringing home pizza on her way home from work. Which is OK by me, nobody has to cook and we get to spend time together. Although Mom and I will be making a green salad to have with the pizza.

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there!! :)

Kadesma, pork tenderloin on the grill is wonderful. I prefer cooking it on the grill to any other method.
Thanks SC, I'm planning to grill it, I know DH will enjoy it this way as will the kids and myself. Happy Fathers day to your dad. Relax and enjoy each other.

kadesma:)

We're having pork steak, cheesy potatoes au gratin and terryaki noodles.
All dh's favorites. He's weird, he will eat pork over beef anyday.

Not so weird, tex (although you DO live in one of the beef-eating centers of the U.S......). HH will gladly eat any part of a pig before his thoughts turn to cow parts.

Kim's going to grill a couple of ribeyes and portobellos, and wants baked potatoes and chilled asparagus spears with Catalina dressing to go with that.
Last night, I made him a Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake, so he's a happy camper.
Then, this morning my daughter came by with a homemade chocolate cake that she had made for him (homemade chocolate frosting, too!) from the Hershey's Cookbook. She's an excellent cake baker, so it's bound to be good. We're going to freeze that one for later.

Well, we just rolled away from a table that was covered in a HUGE roast chicken (brined with a bit of thyme), roasted root veggies (potatos, carrots and onions), stuffing, and a committee salad. I'm stuffed.

We finally had a break in the incessant rain today so we spent a lot of the day outside. And we are planning on iced coffee on the deck to enjoy the sunset.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom