New to group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandys7118

Assistant Cook
Hi, My name is Sandy and I am new to this group. I enjoy cookiing and collect cookbooks, I love making dishes with ingredients used in unusal ways such as Tomato Soup cake, etc. I would love to hear from other's that have recipes like this. I also am interested in the once a month cooking concept and budget recipes. I enjoyed visiting this site and hope to become a contributing member.

Welcome to the site. I would be interested in hearing about your tomato soup cake. Sounds interesting.

:chef: TOMATO SOUP CAKE

2 cups sifted flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
2 tsp cocoa
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients above in large bowl, then add:

1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups tomato soup, (undiluted)

Mix well and add:

1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins

Blend all together, pour in greased baking pans.
Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in middle comes out clean.

**Texture of cake is moister if mixed with wooden
spoon or with whisk.

Frost with a cream cheese frosting. This is a rich spice type cake and wonderful with a cup of steaming coffee!!

Welcome to DC, Sandy!! Wow you are making some impression quite quickly, your tomato soup cake looks very interesting!! I hope you will be sharing oodles of fun and ideas with us!!:)

Chocolate Tomato Soup Cake

I never thought of chocolate with tomato soup until I had ran across this recipe. It is the chocolate version of the cake I posted earlier. I have tried discount and store brands of tomato soup but find that name brand soups are usually better and make the cake moist.

CHOCOLATE TOMATO SOUP CAKE

1/2 cup real butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup water
1 can (10 3/4oz) tomato soup
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Preheat oven to 350 deg.. Grease & flour A 9"x13" pan or a bundt pan. Cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs, & beat until fluffy. Whisk together dry ingredients. Mix tomato soup and water. Add dry ingredients and soup mixture alternately to creamed mixture. Fold in nuts. Pour into pan & bake 30 min. in 9x13" pan, or 40 min. in bundt pan.

I use this cream cheese glaze on the bundt cake:

Cream Cheese Glaze

2 Tbsp. real butter, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix until smooth, & spread on cake when just slightly warm.

img_282605_0_1f7a06b7c2315ba3d9c7a88fd21ef290.gif

Welcome to DC, Sandy - that recipe sounds really cool, I'd give it a try for sure :chef:

Back
Top Bottom