Stuffed Cherry tomatoes-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I would rather eat a sweet from the garden tomato than a cookie and we have these as often as I can make them for an appy.
36-cherry tomatoes
1-lb. shredded crab meat
1/4-c. fresh lime juice
3-0z. softened cream cheese
1/4-c. cream
2-Tab. mayo
1-Tab finely minced sweet onion
1/2-tea. minced or crushed garlic
1-tea. dried dill
1-tea. Worcestershire
several drops Tabasco
salt if you need it.
Marinate the crab in the lime juice at least an hour. Drain well. /combine cheese,cream,and mayo and blend til smooth. Mix together with drained crab and remaining ingredients. Fill tomatoes and chill
enjoy,
Another idea would be a bacon filling: Use 1-1/2 lbs. bacon, cooked and crumbled 8 green onions finely chopped I use both green and white of onion, and 1/3c. mayo, Mix all together and stuff your tomatoes..I get tomatoes done ahead and turn them upside down to drain before stuffing.
kadesma:)

This looks great, I have to make some nibblies for my brother's photographic Gallery opening and I will try this. Thanks:chef:

i have taken cherry tomatoes, mixed up some creamcheese and parmasen cheese together and then added some crumbled cooked bacon then stuffed the tomatoes putting liitle bacon crumbs on top of each. place them on lettuce and you have mini BLT sorry no measurement, i just mixed it up one day after having a supper crop in the garden and didn't know what to do with them all.

mrsmac said:
This looks great, I have to make some nibblies for my brother's photographic Gallery opening and I will try this. Thanks:chef:
You're welcome, I hope the opening is a smash..Wish your brother the best of luck.

letscook said:
i have taken cherry tomatoes, mixed up some creamcheese and parmasen cheese together and then added some crumbled cooked bacon then stuffed the tomatoes putting liitle bacon crumbs on top of each. place them on lettuce and you have mini BLT sorry no measurement, i just mixed it up one day after having a supper crop in the garden and didn't know what to do with them all.
Sounds like a winner letscook. Will give them a try. Thank you for sharing.

I stuff mine with a mixture of smoked turkey, chives and french onion dip. Stuffed cherry tomatoes are really good.

chasinmichigan said:
I stuff mine with a mixture of smoked turkey, chives and french onion dip. Stuffed cherry tomatoes are really good.
Hi Chas,
your recipe sounds wonderful, I'll have to give it a try..You can never have to many stuffed cherry or grape tomatoes. Thanks for sharing with us.

I've only ever stuffed them with a tuna salad (tuna, olives, capers, onion, red peppers) .
Your crab stuffing looks delicious Kadesma! Thanks!

They all sound yummy to me, thanks for the recipes ! I can eat a little basket full while watching t.v. - like popcorn, love em' !!

Barb L. said:
They all sound yummy to me, thanks for the recipes ! I can eat a little basket full while watching t.v. - like popcorn, love em' !!
I can to Barb, except I have to buy two baskets because Ethan loves tomatoes and will eat a half of a basket or more by himself!!:LOL:

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom