REC: Guacamole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what resource you are relying on for all of your culinary misinformation jennerose - but Texas is NOT the only place in the USA that makes Guacamole - either at home, in restaurants or commercially!!!

Although it might be more commonly found in the states that border Mexico ... Guacamole is only a condiment, a dip - it is popular all across the US. And, 95% of the avacado production in the US is in southern California - which would preclude Texas as being the only source for Guacamole.

In addition to being served as a "dip" for corn chips, potato chips, or pita bread ... it is also used as a condiment on salads, sandwiches and "burgers".

Last edited:
texas

I mean Texas is one of the country which makes Guacamole.All other Countries make guacamole.People will like and prepare more comparatively then other countries.I didnt mean that Texas only will prepare

jennerose, do you mean state?

Also, please check your private messages. You will see a link in the top right corner of your screen.

jpmcgrew said:
:) I dont normally put tomatoes in guac but fresh diced are a great way to stretch your guacamole if more people happen to show up.

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to do that one time and now I put tomatoes in it all the time! lol I also roast poblano peppers to put in it now too. They give it a great flavor.

There are hundreds of recipes for Guacomole. I have come to realise that one can't argue about what is right or what is wrong in cooking. Though, of course, I am the only one who makes real Guacomole, I do let people think that what they make is ok too. :LOL:

CharlieD said:
There are hundreds of recipes for Guacomole. I have come to realise that one can't argue about what is right or what is wrong in cooking. Though, of course, I am the only one who makes real Guacomole, I do let people think that what they make is ok too. :LOL:

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom