Need help on how to use oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lovliebutterfly

Assistant Cook
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and I never knew these kinds of forums existed! I'm so pleased!!!! I have recently moved to a new flat and there is an old oven which I do not know how to operate. I tried a few times and sometimes it works when the settings happen to be correct, sometimes it doesn't. I need a little help to understand the logic of this oven if anyone could please help me. It a a tricity marquis cooker with heating plates on top and grill and oven at the bottom. I am attaching a picture for you to see. I would be very pleased if someone could tell me how to set the temperature and clock arrows etc to make the oven work and heat properly. Timer instructions would also be very helpful, although I could still bake without it and set my own alarm clock. Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• tricitymarquis.jpg
    tricitymarquis.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,390
Last edited:
Not sure if this will work on yours or not, but, I had an old one that had the start and stop timers, which is what it looks like yours has. The 2 smaller arms on the far right. I kept mine both on zero and did the big timer, with the orange arm on zero. I hope this helps, if not, someone here is bound to know what to do.

And welcome to DC!! You will really enjoy it here.

The first four knobs on the left are for the four burners.

#1 on the left is for the left rear burner
#2 is for the left front
#3 is for the right front
#4 is for the right rear

The 5th and 6th knobs from the left are for the oven/broiler. To set the temperature and to select either broil or bake/roast.

To use the timer, you first have to set the clock to the current time using the knob in the center of the clock.

The top knob on the right is to set the start time for the oven and the bottom knob is to set the stop time. This would be used if you wanted to put something into the oven and have it come on and go off while you were away.

Those are my best guesses, I hope it helps.

You may want to do an internet search on your oven & see if you can get an instruction manual. Generally, a lot of parts companies will be able to provide you with something like this. Best of luck!

Thank you!

Thank you all for your help! It works when the hands of the smaller clocks at the right are at the same spot as texasgirl has mentioned! So I think Andy M. is right about the timer if I want to set it while I am away, although I'd be very scared to have the oven on while I'm not here!
But I thank you all for your help and I will try to get a manual if possible but as long as I can bake, it's great!

Back
Top Bottom