OH lord, I need a drink!!! My oldest again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Well, my oldest has been doing so good, getting to and from work on his own, going to the grocery store, on his own. He hasn't called me for any favors. He calls me everyday to check on me and talk and let me know how he's doing. Well, him and a few of his friends, same ones that got in trouble the last time. He was arrested on charges of a minor in possession of alcohol:wacko:
He did not call us for any help:) which I'm glad of. He didn't call us at all. Another friend {not among the jailbirds}called my youngest asking if we had heard from him and told him what happened. I called the city and then had to call county as this tiny town doesn't have a jail. It was a county sheriff that picked them up. Evidently, him and a friend decided that they were hungry and walked to the store, the sheriff deputy found them and was going to take them home on a warning, but, found out that they were camping out at.... THE CITY PARK:huh: BIG DUUUUHHH!!!!!!
Well, he handcuffed them all and took them in. The one adult, who is 24, now has to go to court with fines of $2,000. 4 counts of contributing to a minor.
He was released on time served without any fines, thank goodness, but, now has to go to 3 AA meetings. I'm glad of that one. Hopefully, the adults there will tell him their stories and help him decide that drinking already isn't going to help him in the long run. He will be 21 next month and I knew this would happen. I hope this will be a turning point for him.
Don't get me wrong, I did my partying and drinking in my time. I'm not a prude, as his dad DEFINATELY isn't either. We just don't want him to be an alcoholic BEFORE he is old enough to drink or after when he's old enough to buy it.
He won't listen to me, so, maybe hearing from a stranger about their hardships will help.
Don't want sympathy as this isn't a tragedy, just a vent and I'm half laughing now that I'm not worried about where he is. I'm laughing because of how stupid it is. In a city park that is just across and down from the police dept!!!:LOL: How smart is that???? And I'm proud that he didn't call mommy and daddy for help, he did it on his own. Slept on concrete and used his shoes and toilet paper for a pillow. I know it's not something to be proud of, I'm not proud of what he did and he got to hear me rail at him, but, proud that he owned up to it and dealt with it like a man.

Last edited:
Texgal, my boss' son has gotten 3 MIP's. One in College Station which is BIG $$$. The fines are outrageous. The boy is 20 and a college student at UT. Honestly, I think when they are 20 and in college, it's just a money making deal for law enforcement. I'm against drinking & driving, but when a kid is caught out by the pool drinking a beer at some apartments he's staying at, that's a little ridiculous. Drinking age was 18 when I was 18 which I definitely think is too young, but I thing they should lower it to 20. How old is your kiddo?

he's 20, will be 21 Aug 28, so, he was lucky this time. This is a small town and I think that's why he got off so lucky. I'm thankful for it, but, hope he learns from it. He won't live this down for a while, that's for sure. LOL
DH likes the 70's show and likes Red, uses dumba#$ as he does and that was the first thing he said to him when he finally called. I'm glad that noone was behind the wheel and didn't get hurt or hurt someone else.

texasgirl said:
he's 20, will be 21 Aug 28, so, he was lucky this time. This is a small town and I think that's why he got off so lucky. I'm thankful for it, but, hope he learns from it. He won't live this down for a while, that's for sure. LOL
DH likes the 70's show and likes Red, uses dumba#$ as he does and that was the first thing he said to him when he finally called. I'm glad that noone was behind the wheel and didn't get hurt or hurt someone else.

Hey, when my kid was 19 he got drunk and fell thru a window and ended up in the ER having surgery on his arm :glare:
Took 10 years (or more) of my life when I got the 2:15 a.m. call. Kids!!! It's their job to drive you crazy and they do!!!

I just found out that the deputy go them because they were called because him and his friend were so drunk that they were staggering into the road in front of cars. Now, I'm mad. I am going to tear him a new one!!!!!!!! I'm thankful that I didn't get a cop at the door telling me that my son was run over and killed. I'm going to beat his butt!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRR

Texasgirl, hang in there. I feel for you - you are right, it is a blessing that you did not get a horrid knock on the door with worse news. You are a good mom, but being a good mom is the hardest job of all. Girlfriend, you have my prayers for strength.

Hang in there Texas,
I have one it took forever to grow up!!! AT 25 you'd have thought he was a goofey 16 year old...The things he said and did use to make me cringe..That is until I refused to be any part of the hi jinks..I'd support, help, and give advice is asked, but, when it came to drinking or drugs or drag racing, or playing a stero so loud the dog would run and hide when he was 6 blocks away, NO WAY...Your boy will get the hang of what if done and what isn't, I think every kid alive has to try out booze, as soon as you display anything other than what they want to hear, they are gonna go try it..I just simply said come home with liquor on your breath, car gone 1 week, again 1 month, again, gone for good get a job!!!!Worked each one learns in his own way..I know your steamed and worried, any good mom would be, just pull it in, stand tall and give that kid what for and then love him as you always do. Just let him dig himself out as hard as it is to do...
kadesma

Thanks guys. I am just going to let him deal with it. So far, he's done just that. Even a year ago, he would have called me begging for help, so, I know he's at least learning.

Good for you TG. Let him take care of himself. He's old enough.

David has always told me that "Don't worry mom, I don't drink"... yeah right.
I walked in to safeway the other day and two different people told me how he was the "life of the party" the other night.

I called him... I yelled and then realized that he's 22. He knows my opinion and it's not going to do any good to keep on telling him... so, I just sit at home and worry and hope that he's keeping things under control.

pdswife said:
Good for you TG. Let him take care of himself. He's old enough.

David has always told me that "Don't worry mom, I don't drink"... yeah right.
I walked in to safeway the other day and two different people told me how he was the "life of the party" the other night.

I called him... I yelled and then realized that he's 22. He knows my opinion and it's not going to do any good to keep on telling him... so, I just sit at home and worry and hope that he's keeping things under control.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean!! Funny, my oldest is David:LOL: Maybe it's the name.:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom