Potatoe Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~emz~

Senior Cook
I'm helping out my family more during the summer and making a dish or two for a dish every couple days. Yesterday, I made potatoe cakes as a side dish with burgers. All I did was grate two potatoes, chop some green onions and mix. Then I fried them in a frying pan on medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side in some extra virgin olive oil. I found that they took a lot longer than they were suppose to, (i got the recipe from a t.v. show), and when I put more olive oil in the pan they turned out quite greasy. The taste was good but very simple. I was wondering if anyone had any suggedtions to help me make these cook faster and taste a bit more zippier without going to far! thanks:) ~emz~

:) You can par boil the potatoes,grate them add a little minced oniom salt and pepper you will need less oil that way.Or do a swiss rosti will send recipe in a minute.

Try adding a beaten egg, s&p, garlic powder. Voila - Potato pancakes.

The potato was greasy because you added oil to the pan. That cooled down the contents and allowed the potato to soak up some oil.

If you put more oil in the pan to start and get it hot before adding the potato, you shouldn't have that problem again.

Also, after shredding the potato, wring out as much water as possible by rolling the potato up in a towel and twisting the towel to wring out water. This will speed up the cooking process.

Instead of green onion, use yellow onion, garlic and some paprika with a dash of cayenne.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom