NH - North Conway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
We decided that this is where we will be vacationing this year for a week in August. We will bring Rachel to Storyland among other places.

While we are there we plan on eating at some tasty places. I have not been there in over 20 years though so I am relying on you guys to help me find those great restaurants. Where have you eaten in that area that you would recommend?

Oh, wow. My mom was raised near there. Her father built the Landry motor court in Lincoln, which is now the Beacon. I have her old autograph book signed by Bogie and Bacall, who were trying to get away from it all one year. Haven't been there in a decade, but thought you'd enjoy some of the history. My experience is that part of the country is pretty basic when it comes to food.

GB, yesterday received a three volume set of books from the fifties giving recipes from restaurants around the US.

Opened one and found the Stonehurst Manor in North Conway.

Googled and found that it is apparently still in business.

Here is the link.

http://www.stonehurstmanor.com/dinner_menu.html

Know nothing more about it.

Have a great time.

Thanks guys!

Unfortunately our plans have since changed and we will not be going this year. I think we are going to Cape Cod instead unless something happens last minute.

geebs, i remember going on a scenic tran ride/rail road in north conway, from when i was a kid. i looked it up, and it's still there.

http://www.conwayscenic.com/

not much on the menu in the dining car, but i remember the scenery was beautiful.

Andy that place looks great. We will be staying is Wareham so we will probably be looking for places more in that area, but Dennis is not too too far so maybe we just might go. The menu sure does look good!

BT, I bet that ride is amazing. I would love to do it in the fall sometime, but of course it would probably be very crowded then.

Back
Top Bottom