Greetings from California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Creole Lady

Assistant Cook
Hello Everyone, :)

I recently learned about this site from Chef Fatboy :chef: whose hot sauces I can't wait to try. I asked the chef to send me any info regarding a gumbo cook-off, or contest, and he sent me info re this website by way of his friend Dan. While googling, I saw info about a gumbo cook-off listed in Rockport, Texas. If anyone knows something about this one, please let me know. Although I live here in Cali, my family is from Lake Charles, LA and Beaumont and Houston, Texas.

My Signature dishes include seafood gumbo, garlic crab, screamin' mac & cheese, smothered steak, or pork chops and potato salad. However, I'm looking for a good homemade link recipe (Texas-style) and also want to learn how to bake more. In particular, I am interested in making peach and berry cobblers.

Day job is as a paralegal. Passion is cooking and part-time love and business is catering. Have been cooking since I was 9. Also have hosted an annual (garlic) crabfeed for the last 5 years.

Looking forward to getting to know a few folks online. (I'm a nite owl) Thank you for being here. The website looks great. :rolleyes: Lot's of interesting information and people.

Regards, :)

Carolyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, from another Californian! I can't wait to see some of your recipes!
Funny you should mention Rockport - my dear Grandpa was from that same city (small world!).
PS - I'll take one berry and one peach cobbler, please:)

img_289642_0_0a33010a38adc46178df38d3bb21d8a5.gif

A warm welcome to DC, Carolyn! :chef:

Hi Carolyn,
welcome to DC. Glad to have another CA girl here.

kadesma:)

Hi JKath, Piccolina, Vagriller, Kadesma and JoAnn L.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will be navigating through the site to see what's up, and plan to post a couple of recipe's soon. I think that I will start with something simple, but one that most folks like, fresh greens with a couple of secret items. Well, it won't be a secret for long :0)
Regards and thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom