Double-burner grill pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzyQ3

Washing Up
I know they're only a weak substitute for the real thing, but I'm in the market for a stovetop grill that fits over two burners. I don't want a reversible one because I already have a perfectly suitable double-burner griddle.

I've narrowed my choice down to two very different pans and would love some advice:

One is the 20 x 13 All-Clad LTD nonstick grill that sells for $99. It has received glowing reviews on Amazon and cooking.com. http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=127714

The other is the 21 x 11 Calphalon One infused anodized (not nonstick) that sells for $160 but with a 10% discount coupon at cooking.com. http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=208158

Both weigh about the same -- and much less than cast iron, which is just too heavy for me. Both have prominent handles (the CI handles are nicely angled away from the pan) that I need to be able to rotate the pan between two different-sized burners. The All-Clad is easier to clean, but the CI allows for metal utensils. I have pieces of both types of cookware and am familiar with their use.

My tendency is to go with the lower-priced and easier to clean All-Clad nonstick, but I'm wondering whether the CI would actually brown the food better and maybe last longer. If so, I'd be willing to fork up the difference.

I should add that unfortunately I have one of those gas cooktops with a downdraft, not a hood, if that matters here.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has either grill or from anyone who has an opinion one way or the other.

oooooooooooooh! Those are sure nice! I'd probably go with the second one, myself, as I love my Calphalon pans!

Here's something to consider: if you have a Kohl's nearby, they are forever putting their kitchen stuff on sale! Keep an eye out (btw, there's a big sale on right now on the whole store)

Yeah, I'm tending toward the CI. Unfortunately, Kohl's and TJ Maxx don't carry that line.

I was looking at the Le Creuset or the Lodge Logic Pro combination Grill/Griddle double burner pans and ended up ordering the Lodge because it is much cheaper. I hope I'm not going to be sorry. Does anyone own one or the other? I suppose I could always return it unused if anyone can talk me into buying the more expensive one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom