Doctor Who

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Anyone watch.... or used to watch Doctor Who? Its my FAVORITE show!! :D

For folks that are not familiar with the title, its a Sci-Fi / Fantasy show in the UK. It started in 1963 ended in 1989 and came back in (in a more adult format) 2004. And has since been the most popular TV show there.

Heres a link to the website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/index.shtml

I'm a fan. The last show of the current series was shown last weekend. Rose has gone.... I loved Chris Ecclestone, but also think David Tennant does a great job. He's one of my favourite, younger Scottish actors. Did you know that his father was Moderator of the Church of Scotland a few years ago? Hard to see David T as a 'son of the Manse'.:)

I don't watch it myself, but my grandson is a big fan. One is his user names on the web is Doctor.:)

Big Fan. I watch it on the Sci-Fi channel here in the US. My Friday nights are all Sci-Fi.... Stargates and Doctor Who.... Hasn't been on lately tho...at least on Friday's. Guess I should check to see if they moved it, I figured it was a summer thing.

Rose leaves?? don't remember seeing that.

We watch the new version and really like it. Paul loves the old ones but they are too silly for me.

Can't wait for the new season to start. It should be sometime soon.

KathyJ said:
Big Fan. I watch it on the Sci-Fi channel here in the US. My Friday nights are all Sci-Fi.... Stargates and Doctor Who.... Hasn't been on lately tho...at least on Friday's. Guess I should check to see if they moved it, I figured it was a summer thing.

Rose leaves?? don't remember seeing that.

I think they may be a season a head of us.

Friday nights are SCI -FI nights around here too Kathy.
Tonight the new Stargate SG1 and Atlantis start. We're having
a pizza party to celebrate. ( well... at least we're ordering pizza for dinner. lol):)

I used to be scared of the Doctor Who music when I was a kid!! I called the show "naughty washing machine"

I love the new series though. Christopher Ecclestone is so gorgeous, and made a great Doctor. Not convinced about David Tennant as doctor, though I do like him as an actor.

To me, Tom Baker will always be Doctor Who, must be something to do with the scarf. And offering Daleks jelly babies!

I have faint memories of it when I was a kid... and have sporadic scene flashbacks that I try to share with others "remember, that one time, on that creepy green show..", and they look at me like I am nuts (it happens often) and say they never heard of it. Doing the "I am right" dance na na na ne boo boo! I will have to check out the site!

Back
Top Bottom